Eluemunor Traded to New England

M.10.E

I really hope this means Senat is good to go. I would prefer we don't go into an oline shuffle if Stanley goes down with injury. I would prefer even less that we put James Hurst at LT. I'd rather go with Stanley, Hurst, Skura, Yanda and Brown as starters and Power, Senat, Bozeman and Mekari as backups. (Yeah I still go with 9 olines)

Yeah and with some of the injuries across the league, might be too much to ask for Senat making it through waivers onto our practice squad.

LT: Ronnie Stanley, Greg Senat

LG: James Hurst, Bradley Bozeman

C: Matt Skura, Patrick Mekari

RG: Marshal Yanda, Ben Powers

RT: Orlando Brown Jr

Out of the list Bozeman has probably done the least to secure a spot. He will have to hope that we trade at least one more bubble player, such as Kenneth Dixon.

4 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

How much cheaper would he be than Clowney? Really? And Clowney hasn't even reached his prime yet either.

Yanny is two years younger, has no injury history, and is the better pure pass rusher of the two. 

I'm guessing his agent is going to push for more money than Clowney. Who knows though? Deion Jones got a worse deal than Mosley. So "brand" value still carries a lot of weight, and Clowney has that over Ngakoue

If you want a young and elite player at a key position in the NFL. You either need to draft one, which is incredibly difficult- obviously. Or you have to pay a lot of money for one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yanny is two years younger, has no injury history, and is the better pure pass rusher of the two. 

I'm guessing his agent is going to push for more money than Clowney. Who knows though? Deion Jones got a worse deal than Mosley. So "brand" value still carries a lot of weight, and Clowney has that over Ngakoue

If you want a young and elite player at a key position in the NFL. You either need to draft one, which is incredibly difficult- obviously. Or you have to pay a lot of money for one. 

And we have to strike while Lamar is on his rookie deal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

And if we're not willing to spend right now while we have Lamar and several others on rookie deals, when will we? This is the prime time to be making your SB run and building your core.

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

And we have to strike while Lamar is on his rookie deal.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And if we're not willing to spend right now while we have Lamar and several others on rookie deals, when will we? This is the prime time to be making your SB run and building your core.

Exactly. This is- The Window

Luckily, with how aggressive EDC has already shown himself to be. We know he isn't going to be afraid to make any moves. And right now a trade for Ngakoue just makes too much sense. We have the need, we have the ammunition, and we have the cap space going forward.