Sign in to follow this  
Money

Final CUT

To clarify. Ryan Switzer's value is lip tat. So if you get in a rumble in a bar and you need someone to set the tone. Switzer drops a lip that says "dirty" - and ppl run away. 

Let’s this guy build a team and I’ll show you a team photo that says 5-11

8 hours ago, Money said:

Holton has value. 

Switzer has NO value. 

So valuable he ended up on our practice squad because none of the 31 other teams wanted him? 

I think your now confusing the word value...

Switzer is our KR/PR, that's his value. He can also be good for an occasional chain move. 

12 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

So valuable he ended up on our practice squad because none of the 31 other teams wanted him? 

I think your now confusing the word value...

Switzer would be couch. 

I don’t know what “Switzer would be couch means”. So, now I just assume you don’t know what words are. 

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Switzer is our KR/PR, that's his value. He can also be good for an occasional chain move. 

You're missing the point of value. Value is what you add to the team. Not the job on the team. 

He'll average bottom third in KR. He'll fair catch 85% of PRs. And when he does return, when he's not bouncing it outside causing someone to clip or hold, he'll run diagonally out of bounds or up the gut and duck for 8.2 yards. On average. I see no value there. The opportunity cost is Diontae Johnson. Or someone else. Like Pharoh Cooper. Who got cut. 

As for Switzer in terms of catching passes, his value is once again, nothing. He'll run a drag, zero yards downfield, across the field, and then run 25 yards diagonally and get UP TO 5 YAC. 

Once again, anyone else would do better. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I don’t know what “Switzer would be couch means”. So, now I just assume you don’t know what words are. 

Couch. Is out of the NFL. No team. No practice squad. You are couch. Currently, I am bed.

When you play a sport and you no longer play a sport, than you are couch. Ever heard that one? He's sitting on the couch waiting for his agent to call about the next opportunity that isn't coming. Bc it's not like he's out there looking for another job.  

5 minutes ago, Money said:

Ever heard that one?

No. Because it’s nonsensical. You are not an inanimate object. You are IN bed, you are not A bed. 

So, I’m gonna stick with my guns here. You don’t know what value means or what general words are. 

(You are also confusing YOUR value with TOMLINS value when you talk about the return game). 

Edited by Dcash4

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

No. Because it’s nonsensical. You are not an inanimate object. You are IN bed, you are not A bed. 

So, I’m gonna stick with my guns here. You don’t know what value means or what general words are. 

(You are also confusing YOUR value with TOMLINS value when you talk about the return game). 

It's actually. A saying. Which is words. I'm sorry TomlinISMS have posioned your mind. 

Because, obviously, special teams has been a need for ohhh 20 years. When they are bottom dwellers in field position. And crap teams. Like the Bears. Or Ravens. Make it to Super Bowls bc they only have to move the ball 20 yards to score. 

Again, confusing YOUR value with TOMLINS value. 

Tomlin values control and safety. Clean catches. Get the ball back to ben.  It’s why we fair catch at such a high rate. It’s why defensive players do not return the football. 

Tomlin wants you to get the ball back to ben. Period. It’s a transactional play, not meant to be anything more.

Diontae Johnson is dangerous. Diontae Johnson is big play ready. Diontae Johnson won’t be returning punts for Tomlin anytime soon with a history of concentration issues and struggles with clean catches in the preseason. 

Thats Switzers value. He has good hands. He has a good feel for returns. He keeps getting the ball back to Ben. There is value to being where you are supposed to be, when you are supposed to be there, and be able to safely complete plays at a high rate. Just because he doesn’t break play after play doesn’t mean he doesn’t have value. He’s going to be the 5th receiver and the 4th or 5th receiving option per play...there’s value in safety. 

I’ll die on the hill that, up to this point, Switzer has been extremely overvalued by most Steelers fans...but he absolutely has value, and he sure as hell as more value than Holton (as you mentioned before which brought upon my commenting). 

Crap teams also usually don’t have elite defenses...but what do I know? I bed. 

If I am being honest, what I want from the KR/PR game, if nothing else, is to know when to fair catch or not take it out of the endzone and to not muff the kicks. Switzer is reliable in that way. If he can also get 10+ yards on a return, that's just a bonus. He isnt a dynamic player, but neither was Spencer. Eventually I think Dionte Johnson will take over the return duties but I also think right now they want him to focus on learning the offense.

Next year I think Chickillo, Matakevich, McCullers, Grimble, Dobbs, and Switzer will all be on another team.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

He isnt a dynamic player, but neither was Spencer

Spencer very much was a dynamic player. He is the anti-Switzer. 

He averaged 14.7 yards per return this preseason which would have ranked #1 in the NFL in 2018 (understanding the vast differences, but using the number to show context of explosion and ability to make people miss). 

Spencer has the ability to make people miss in space. I have no doubt he could end up being a really quality returner for Denver, but he put a few on the turf as well during preseason/training camp and had a few drops related to concentration in the passing game. That stuff is unacceptable to Tomlin.

Post Ben, it really wont be surprising that there will most likely be more emphasis on the return game. But WITH ben and a potent offense, its about control.