GDT 8/29/19 Preseason Week 4: Baltimore Ravens vs Washington Redskins

DreamKid

3 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

He's been one of the guys I could see being a somewhat surprising cut/trade. This spot is what Ricard's emergence affects, not so much Seiler's.

Harbaugh said some guys asked to play in the game, in order to get work in or prove something. Maybe Henry is one of them. It's no secret his stock has steadily fallen though. He looks too skinny and just hasn't played to his typical level. 

Random. But gonna guess that Olaka is one of our IR stash players.

I didn’t see his injury, but removing him from the equation would certainly make the roster situation much more clear.

Proud of Jaleel Scott after this performance. He’s someone that deserves a shot in this league. Not on the same level as Boykin, but in the past a player of his caliber would have been one of our best WRs.

Edit: I wonder if it might make sense to put Olaka on the PUP so that we can still use him later or put him on IR, but it would also allow us to use that roster spot to carry Tavon Young so as to place him on IR-return.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

I was unimpressed by most the young o-lineman. Powers and Senat were making bad mistakes. Mekari looks like a lock though, he can get overpowered but is a sound player. I really hope the Ravens can bring in some help for starting LG and backup LT.

J. Scott looks great, I think he is getting to lock territory. 

McSorely looks okay, but I think you can keep him on the practice squad. I'm on record for Cardale Jones, who is tearing up the 49ers now, just made a sweet diving TD. 

That was a long Kenneth Dixon audition. He's one of the best 53 players, I wouldn't be against keeping him but 4 RBs is a lot. 

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I still remember when everyone thought this guy was our answer for the interior pass rush lol

He did have a pretty good season in 2017, and still had the most sacks (yes 1 sack was the most o.O) last year from our DTs despite his season being ruined by injuries, but it seems that his inability to stay healthy enough to play at his best will not allow him to play to his potential

Jaleel turned in a masterpiece Offseason and Preseason. The biggest positive player turnaround we've seen for the Ravens in a long time. Super proud of him. He's done everything possible to try and make good on our investment in him as player. And he's done everything possible for himself, to ensure he has a future in the NFL.

2018: 1 Catch for 9 Yards.... And multiple drops. On IR before the final Preseason game.

2019: Rec: 11 Yards: 146  TD: 2   20+ Rec:1st Downs: 7  *0 Drops on Catchable/Accurate Throws from what I've seen, and all of this is production by way of Trace McSorley and Joe Callahan.....

Hope to see you in Purple & Black for a long time Jaleel. Congrats. #JaleelForThe53

16 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I do believe they tried to feature Kenneth Dixon to get a trade call. He ran well, but I still feel like he hurt his value by being unable to get through the game without getting nicked up. Unless you were not paying attention his career, IDK how anyone can count on him.

The injuries have taken their toll too. He isn't the same player. Still talented, viable, but he just hasn't looked as good overall.

That 2016 Draft Class' 4th Round crop is an interesting group. Lewis was the first to go, now it looks like Dixon is headed that way. Willie Henry is trending down, while Chris Moore is trending up. Tavon is dealing with his injury. Strange paths these players can take. 

what did i miss here, is McSorley supposed to play Defense in any kind of duty?

I think he’s a football player and everything that entails,” DeCosta said. “His skill set is varied and multiple. He’s fast, he’s strong, he’s tough, he’s a playmaker, he’s a football player. We’ve seen teams, for instance the New Orleans Saints with Taysom Hill, we’ve seen other teams find ways to play with players like this and they can help you win football games. He fits our defense, he fits our offense, he fits special teams.”

source