Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

Judging by this story it’s down to SEA-PHI-MIA but we all know Clowney not keen about MIA (but tax laws are pretty favorable there too dude).  

The other part - NYJ & WAS bowed out early.  For the WAS story that’s really curious.  Seems like a Trent Williams - for Clowney plus extra pick (because of BoB’s desperation for OL help and lack of certainty beyond 2020 contract wise) would have got it done.   The $ tied up in Williams would have pretty much coveted the tag $ for Clowney.  Plus other conference. I know D isn’t an area they feel they need to address but they could get a comp pick in 2021 plus whatever extra HOU would toss (3rd/4th?) in given the fact Williams signed for longer.    

But if true that WAS bowed out early it shows how spiteful Dan Snyder & Bruce Allen (Snyder’s yes boy) really are. 

Edited by Broncofan

32 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

But if true that WAS bowed out early it shows how spiteful Dan Snyder & Bruce Allen (Snyder’s yes boy) really are. 

The WAS fans here have been very consistent in telling us that would be the case, but I just didn't believe them
I am now enlightened as to the severity of the small-mans' disease that Allen and Snyder have. WOW.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

If anything, sitting out the beginning of the year might up his chances of injury like it did Bryant's due to lack of training.

He has nothing to gain and everything to lose by sitting out games.

Couldn't disagree more. 

Texans are in a prime spot to be contenders too even moreso than the Cowboys who have their own high level holdout situation. The division is easily theirs for the taking and other than NE, there isnt anyone else that seems too tough to handle. Wonder if they will let this keep going or if he’ll get traded first

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Given his reputation coming out of South Carolina, I doubt he could do this and still be looked at in the same light.

He has been good (not GREAT, not #1 pick worthy) so he's already got that against him. Dogging it will get those Steve Spurrier "He's not the hardest worker" quotes all over the Twittersphere and probably all over various FOs.

Perfect way to sum it up. Not that I support this type of behavior but with Randy Moss you at least knew he was the cream of the crop and already one of the better receivers ever.

Edited by ILoveTheVikings
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

The WAS fans here have been very consistent in telling us that would be the case, but I just didn't believe them
I am now enlightened as to the severity of the small-mans' disease that Allen and Snyder have. WOW.

@Thaiphoon and I have calculated how long we have to wait before (from an actuary table perspective) we would need to wait to see a new owner and regain hope.

It ... is a long time ...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If I am Miami, I’m giving up every pick except my 1st for Clowney. They need some pieces to build around.

I don't think it's an issue on compensation to Houston. I think that Clowney met with Miami and simply said "no thanks" to them.

His wishlist of Seattle and Philadelphia tells me he wants to be playing for a contender. Even if Miami came in with a wink/handshake deal that would pay him Mack/Donald money, I think he'd say no. 

It's speculation, but he wants postseason football. I remember a report the day of the Texans/KC playoff game, he was ruled inactive due to injury; He was apparently enraged, and had to be calmed down by Warren Sapp (when he was with the NFL Network).

People knock him for his work ethic and taking plays off, people like to say he's too laid back and has a goofy personality - but deep down, I think he's a scary competitor, someone who will play broken when asked.

Shame to see him go.