Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

So, Tunsil WAS up for discussion?

Man, this is such a cluster bomb. And it's all thanks to the dumbest GM/HC in the NFL.

If BOB isn't fired next off-season, I'm going on vacation with the New Orleans Saints next season.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

If BOB isn't fired next off-season, I'm going on vacation with the New Orleans Saints next season.

Right when Drew Brees is gonna retire eh?

Also Tunsil leaving Miami isn't something you should hold Bob accountable for. I'd be more upset with giving up a THIRD round pick for Duke Johnson. Seems like a desperation move.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Also Tunsil leaving Miami isn't something you should hold Bob accountable for. I'd be more upset with giving up a THIRD round pick for Duke Johnson. Seems like a desperation move.

I'm holding BOB accountable for this ENTIRE OFF-SEASON:

- Missing on every single FA OL available

- Losing half the secondary

- Falling asleep at the wheel on Dillard

- Firing the GM for Caserio when Caserio wasn't a realistic option

- The Clowney situation

This is the worst off-season I've ever seen first hand - and it's not like it's due to signing someone like Haynesworth to some contract he's not worth. It's simply because he's got no clue what he's doing. 

BOB is a notch above Bud Adams in my eyes. I'll take 20 years of Rick Smith to be done with this BOB nonsense.

I need to start drinking again.

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm holding BOB accountable for this ENTIRE OFF-SEASON:

- Missing on every single FA OL available

- Losing half the secondary

- Falling asleep at the wheel on Dillard

- Firing the GM for Caserio when Caserio wasn't a realistic option

- The Clowney situation

This is the worst off-season I've ever seen first hand - and it's not like it's due to signing someone like Haynesworth to some contract he's not worth. It's simply because he's got no clue what he's doing. 

BOB is a notch above Bud Adams in my eyes. I'll take 20 years of Rick Smith to be done with this BOB nonsense.

Outside perspective, seems like a scape goat TBH.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

... I might consider withdrawing the restraining order on you if you came to Washington's side.

We get to experience this sort of offseason EVERY offseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woz said:

... I might consider withdrawing the restraining order on you if you came to Washington's side.

We get to experience this sort of offseason EVERY offseason.

They say misery loves company. You and @Thaiphoon are good folk, too. Not sure on that new mod @naptownskinsfan.

(He's a @CWood21 recruit).

I'll have my people call your people.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, Tunsil WAS up for discussion?

Man, this is such a cluster bomb. And it's all thanks to the dumbest GM/HC in the NFL.

It’s not working out for a great return yeah.

obvious move is Trent Williams for Clowney, since it seems beyond repair in Washington.

but they seem like they aren’t gonna budge on letting Trent leave.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

obvious move is Trent Williams for Clowney, since it seems beyond repair in Washington.

Well, it's not beyond repair.

It just requires Brice and Danny Boy to bend a bit.

So yeah, okay, it's beyond repair.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

Well, it's not beyond repair.

It just requires Brice and Danny Boy to bend a bit.

So yeah, okay, it's beyond repair.

I feel like we're John Bender and Andrew Clark in The Breakfast Club talking about our dads...

"I think you're GM/Owner and my GM/Owner should go bowling..."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I feel like we're John Bender and Andrew Clark in The Breakfast Club talking about our dads...

"I think you're GM/Owner and my GM/Owner should go bowling..."

yes! ... wait ... am I Bender or am I Clark?

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

I haven't been following this, but why don't they want to pay Clowney? 

Your guess is as good as ours. Best guess I have is because Clowney wants Mack/Donald money, but that's losing momentum as far as a reason, I am believing it less and less. 

I actually think it's because BOB doesn't like his attitude, or something. 

It's incredibly frustrating because the Texans have a literal boat full of cash to front load a deal and push this situation out for two years. But, our old puppet GM couldn't get that done and our idiot HC can't be counted on for anything worthwhile.

26 minutes ago, Woz said:

yes! ... wait ... am I Bender or am I Clark?

Well...I think it's obvious I'm more Judd Nelson than you. 

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Your guess is as good as ours. Best guess I have is because Clowney wants Mack/Donald money, but that's losing momentum as far as a reason, I am believing it less and less. 

Good point, last season Mack had zero sacks in his playoff game, Donald had zero sacks in the Super Bowl, and Clowney had zero sacks in his playoff game. Therefore these guys should be paid equally. 

• Like 1