2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

People need to get over this "I can't admit the Bears defense (or team for that matter) is good because I'm a Packers fan" nonsense. The Bears defense is very good. Its highlighted by having the most dangerous defensive player in football as part of their pass rush. It's a veteran unit that plays well together and they'll be in the top 10 again this year. They can have a good defense and we can still beat them, those aren't mutually exclusive.

When did anybody say the Bears defense isn’t good?  

Thats not what I’m arguing.  I’m arguing they aren’t going to be as good.  And they aren’t.

That defense lost I think 20 starts all season long.  It was an all-time healthy defensive roster.  

They lost Amos, who is seriously underrated.

They added Clinton-Dix, who is really bad.

They lost their defensive coordinator.

These are not modest or small changes.  These are very significant changes, and the odds of their luck with health being the same are very bad.

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This has to be a record for longest Week 1 injury report, lol. I know 90% of these guys are playing, but still it's just funny. I can't remember a game in the Rodgers era where the the opposing team's injury report was longer than ours. 

Including the Patriots who are notorious of listing everyone as questionable?

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

There is so much wrong with this reply. Let's start with I never said Skrine was going to match up against Adams. I was laughing at you for trying to make the claim he's an upgrade over Callahan. 

Fuller against Adams is a mismatch. Amukumara against either of our top 2 is a mismatch. I"m not saying they are scrubs. I'm saying man to man is NOT their strength. 

You trying to pretend MVS hasn't gotten a lot better since last year is too funny. You were the one touting it. 

Have a good evening. Have you looked up the difference between compression and hyper-extension yet? Which practice squad is J'mon Moore on anyway? 

Adams can play, but Fuller isn't a scrub. I'm not sure why the idea that he's going to get beat less in zone rather than man is what you're going for here? For either dude?

You think 6'0, 205 Prince Amukamara's strength is zone over man? Why? Why is MVS all of a sudden going to be a mismatch against a legit NFL starter? It's a matchup, MVS isn't a born again star, he's a guy figuring it out. He also hasn't played a down of live ball with his QB, and really hasn't played much at all this preseason.

You're also salty as ****, and seem to enjoy trolling like the bitter old dude you are. It's a good look for you. 

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

OMG! They had 8 million going into free agency prior to extending Massey. They cut Parkey which cost 4 or 5 then, they waived a few guys and restructured a few after the fact. 

Do you think they woke up on each of those days with no plan for what they were going to do that day? Like, Ryan Pace got out of bed in the morning, looked out over the Chicago skyline and went, "I think it's time to restructure some dudes. That's what I want to do today!"

Or do you think there was a plan in place there? 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams can play, but Fuller isn't a scrub. I'm not sure why the idea that he's going to get beat less in zone rather than man is what you're going for here? For either dude?

You think 6'0, 205 Prince Amukamara's strength is zone over man? Why? Why is MVS all of a sudden going to be a mismatch against a legit NFL starter? It's a matchup, MVS isn't a born again star, he's a guy figuring it out. He also hasn't played a down of live ball with his QB, and really hasn't played much at all this preseason.

You're also salty as ****, and seem to enjoy trolling like the bitter old dude you are. It's a good look for you. 

For reference, you responded to me which started this. Have a good evening. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Thats not what I’m arguing.  I’m arguing they aren’t going to be as good.  And they aren’t.

That defense lost I think 20 starts all season long.  It was an all-time healthy defensive roster.  

These are not modest or small changes.  These are very significant changes, and the odds of their luck with health being the same are very bad.

I'll make those conclusions once I see them play. Until then it's all hopeful speculation. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you think they woke up on each of those days with no plan for what they were going to do that day? Like, Ryan Pace got out of bed in the morning, looked out over the Chicago skyline and went, "I think it's time to restructure some dudes. That's what I want to do today!"

Or do you think there was a plan in place there? 

Again, changing the subject. They didn't feel they had the money with the other things they anticipate having to do to sign Amos and Callahan to extensions. If they did, they would have make those moves earlier to keep them. You made a point where they are today. That is not accurate as to where they were when free agency began. 

Hopefully, Trubisky plays just well enough where they think they need to extend him. Packer fans can only hope! 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who are you referring to?

Guessing Jackson and Trubisky! They do not have to get either of them done for 2 more years. Although Trubisky will cost a lot after 4 years if they don't extend. The tag is going to keep going up as more and more guys get bigger deals. 

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The injury thing doesn't really help me much week 1 when everybody is going to be healthy. What is the argument that with an average number of games missed they only have the top defensive passer rating by 2 points instead of 8?

Are we sure Amos is actually a needle mover and not just a scheme guy? I think we're all hoping for the best here, doubly so in this case, but the idea that this thing is going to significantly suffer without him is a concept that I think is premature.

Clinton-Dix also has legitmate talent if he's got his head on straight. No guarantee it's going to happen, but the idea that Clinton-Dix might outplay Amos from last year isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Are we sure Chuck Pagano is a bad defensive coach?

I think it's very likely that the Bears defense does slip a bit, but to claim that we've got mismatches at both receiver spots I think is insane. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who are you referring to?

All I’m trying to point out is the Bears cap situation sucks, so signing Amos to a long term deal wasn’t really in the picture. If you want to argue that their cap situation is good, ok.

Archived