2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

I hate to be that guy, but am I the only one that doesn't get excited by the old school football cliches?

You’d be a lot more fun to be around if you were as excited about old school football cliches as Damarius Randall’s ****. 

25 minutes ago, Norm said:

I hate to be that guy, but am I the only one that doesn't get excited by the old school football cliches?

In a world surrounded by participation trophies, sometimes you need a reminder that there are still winners and losers. 

22 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Don't get too excited yet about the Packers.  At the end of last year they were closer to last place then first place. The QB (Rodgers) just had his 2nd bad year. Let's wait and see how they do these first few games. Anyone right now saying 10-6 or even 12-4 are nuts. I just hope these guys are really good and we will see on Thursday.

We had Matthews, Perry and Fackrell as pass rushers last year.

Clinton-Dix and Brice at safety.

McCarthy and Philbin as head coaches.

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

Kevin King wants to play Thursday “no doubt”, but Mike Pettine basically said the CB won’t see a full workload. More like limited reps vs. Bears.

Limited to however many snaps it takes to beat the Bears. It might not be too many and it might be a lot. 

24 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Don't get too excited yet about the Packers.  At the end of last year they were closer to last place then first place. The QB (Rodgers) just had his 2nd bad year. Let's wait and see how they do these first few games. Anyone right now saying 10-6 or even 12-4 are nuts. I just hope these guys are really good and we will see on Thursday.

10-6 isn't crazy at all. We would have been close to that last year had Crosby not blown 3 games with his own leg.

Also, don't base your projection of this team off the game on Thursday. We could be a SB caliber team and still easily lose at Chicago. Week 1 on the road against a tough team. 

My entire youth baseball 100 years ago was spent on crappy teams. I wanted one of those $2 trophies so bad. Finally won an All Star tournament where I pitched a complete game to win it. Even though I was older at the time I couldn't wait for that plastic validation that eluded me for years. Of course, that was the first year that some moron thought paper certificates would be better. I crumpled it up and threw it on the ground and walked away. 

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

... Of course, that was the first year that some moron thought paper certificates would be better. I crumpled it up and threw it on the ground and walked away. 

And somewhere in the distance a tree cried... but you couldn’t hear it cause you weren’t around 

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

In a world surrounded by participation trophies, sometimes you need a reminder that there are still winners and losers. 

I know someone will post the Colts meme, but I don't think the NFL is really like that.

33 minutes ago, boratt said:

You’d be a lot more fun to be around if you were as excited about old school football cliches as Damarius Randall’s ****. 

Damarious Randall can help you win games, cool sayings don't.

1 minute ago, festiveonion said:

And somewhere in the distance a tree cried... but you couldn’t hear it cause you weren’t around 

Some days I can't remember my name but I will always remember them bringing out the box and kind of dropping it on the ground and I was like what the hell. I told my daughter this story in a teaching moment and she still gives me sh*t about it. I should have never taught her to talk

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Some days I can't remember my name but I will always remember them bringing out the box and kind of dropping it on the ground and I was like what the hell. I told my daughter this story in a teaching moment and she still gives me sh*t about it. I should have never taught her to talk

Lol print one out and box it up for her birthday

Not only is the score settled but u also save money on presents. Win win.

“Congratulations on participating this year cannondale jr!”

4 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Lol print one out and box it up for her birthday

Not only is the score settled but u also save money on presents. Win win.

“Congratulations on participating this year cannondale jr!”

I wish. She has 2 shelves full of legit trophies and medals from her endeavors. She even told her teammates my story one day after winning a trophy for first place in a softball league. Whoever decided it was frowned upon to hit your kid with a beer bottle never had kids.

Archived