Browns trade for OL Wyatt Teller from Bills

mistakey

Just now, Broncofan said:

Good point.  Wonder what 2.1 & 3.3 plus a 2019 Day 2 pick could have done to get Wynn.   But hindsight is 20-20 although that Corbett pick really was a head scratcher from the moment it was announced. 

Yeah Corbett was out of left field for everyone really.

It made sense if he could play tackle, but it was evident immediately he couldn’t.  Hernandez was clearly the better G prospect, Daniels a better C.  And that doesn’t even account for non OL prospects like Sutton or Landry that most Browns fans liked a lot at that spot.

It was a complete crab the bed type pick imo. 

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

No. It’s an exaggeration. He’s not living up to being taken where he was so everyone hates him. He’s a serviceable backup right now.

You think they’re trading away 2 picks for a guy who plays the position he couldn’t win (before being moved to another position. again) if he’s good to go?

There’s being patient and then sticking your head in the sand.  Not saying you’re at the point of the latter, but you’re approaching it.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah Corbett was out of left field for everyone really.

It made sense if he could play tackle, but it was evident immediately he couldn’t.  Hernandez was clearly the better G prospect, Daniels a better C.  And that doesn’t even account for non OL prospects like Sutton or Landry that most Browns fans liked a lot at that spot.

It was a complete crab the bed type pick imo. 

Hernandez was my pick there. He was such a mauler.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You think they’re trading away 2 picks for a guy who plays the position he couldn’t win (before being moved to another position. again) if he’s good to go?

There’s being patient and then sticking your head in the sand.  Not saying you’re at the point of the latter, but you’re approaching it.

Because I said he’s a serviceable backup? He’s not Cameron Erving.

its his first offseason and he’s barely getting beat out by 5 year vets. You can put him in in the event of an injury and not see much dropoff. 

Let him backup Tretter this year and grow/develop a little. I’m pretty sure he’s only like 16 from the look of it 🤣

Edited by pnies20
  • Like 2

He was most likely gonna get cut. He started last year but has fallen down the depth charts with all out additions

Teams will keep about 8 olinemen and these guys were locks

1. Dawkins (OT)

2. Spain (OG)

3. Morse (C)

4. Feliciano (G/C)

5. Ford (OT/OG)

6. Nsekhe (OT)

7. Long (OG/C)

Which means that last spot will likely go to someone who can play OT which Tellar does not. I'd imagine the last spot goes to Ryan Bates who can play all 5 positions on the OLine.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Awful.

He’s on his 3rd position (backup center now).

May not make the team tbh.

I thought it was an odd decision to draft him over Hernandez last year and I thought it was odd when he was used as the reason for trading Zeitler this year.

This is a really good return for the Bills. The Browns OL is not in the best shape heading into this season.

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I thought it was an odd decision to draft him over Hernandez last year and I thought it was odd when he was used as the reason for trading Zeitler this year.

This is a really good return for the Bills. The Browns OL is not in the best shape heading into this season.

The offensive line is fine at LT, LG, OC, and RT.

LT and RT are “wait and see.” However, RG is a concern.

14 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Because I said he’s a serviceable backup? He’s not Cameron Erving.

its his first offseason and he’s barely getting beat out by 5 year vets. You can put him in in the event of an injury and not see much dropoff. 

Let him backup Tretter this year and grow/develop a little. I’m pretty sure he’s only like 16 from the look of it 🤣

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/25/austin-corbett-and-the-dilemma-of-draft-misses/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=recirc-most-popular 

Thought this was interesting....

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a miss for sure. Not disputing that. We’re past that. It’s the staff’s job now to develop him. He’s still got a shot to start at some point.