Browns trade for Bills OG Wyatt Tellar

brooks1957

Hello fellow Lake Erie brethren!

I want to get your opinion on now former Bills and new Browns OG Wyatt Teller. What kind of skills did he show last year? On the surface, it looks like he will be a welcome addition in Cleveland. Do you think the compensation was fair?

A few of us had some post in the 53 roster thread. I think he is a solid player who won't hurt your team but is replaceable. Despite being a 5th round pick last year, the Bills signed 3 OG's in the off-season, drafted a G/T prospect in the 2nd and then traded for Ryan Bates a few weeks ago. 

He is good enough to carve out a long career as a fringe starter IMO.

48 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Hello fellow Lake Erie brethren!

I want to get your opinion on now former Bills and new Browns OG Wyatt Teller. What kind of skills did he show last year? On the surface, it looks like he will be a welcome addition in Cleveland. Do you think the compensation was fair?

We were discussing this in our 53 man thread. Its a mixed bag when it comes to him. I liked him as he was a mauler, he held his own at times but also cost the bills penalties. He was drafted as a project and still is. If he plans on making an immediate impact as a starter then you may have some concerns. A stat does show he didn't give up a sack in the few hundred snaps he played but Allen was running for his life 99% of the season last year so you can take that however you want. He needs time to develop and last year bills definitely had a spot but with all the upgrades that Beane has put in, he has fallen down the charts and couldnt make a case so he was on the roster bubble. Getting a 5th back (which was his original pick) and a 6th was a good take for the bills. If browns need depth at the guard position then this is a decent pick up for them, again needs time to work things out and shouldnt start right away.