cddolphin

Here's the final roster after the cutdown and waiver pick ups:

free agent / trade acquisition
rookie

QB - Jay Cutler, Matt Moore
RB - Jay Ajayi, Damien Williams, Kenyan Drake, Senorise Perry
WR - DeVante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills, Leonte Carroo, Jakeem Grant
TE - Anthony Fasano, MarQueis Gray, Julius Thomas
C/OG - Mike Pouncey, Jermon Bushrod, Ted Larsen (boomerang IR), Anthony Steen, Jesse Davis (UDFA), Isaac Asiata, Jake Brendel
OT - Laremy Tunsil, Ja'Wuan James, Eric Smith (UDFA)

DE - Cameron Wake, Andre Branch, William Hayes, Charles Harris, Terrence Fede
DT - Ndamukong Suh, Davon Godchaux, Jordan Phillips, Vincent Taylor
LB - Kiko Alonso, Lawrence Timmons, Mike Hull, Chase Allen (UDFA), Rey Maualuga, Justin March-Lillard (waiver pickup)
CB - Byron Maxwell, Xavien Howard, Alterraun Verner, Bobby McCain, Cordrea Tankersley, Torry McTyer (UDFA)
S - Reshad Jones, Nate Allen, TJ McDonald (susp.), Walt Aikens, Michael Thomas, Maurice Smith (UDFA)

K - Cody Parkey (waiver pickup)
P - Matt Haack (UDFA & left-footed punter)
LS - John Denney

Practice Squad
QB Brandon Doughty
TE Thomas Duarte
OT Sean Hickey
WR Malcolm Lewis
CB Jordan Lucas
DE Cameron Malveaux
WR Drew Morgan
RB De'Veon Smith

Three players were claimed off waivers during final cutdowns, these guys were likely PS targets:
WR Demore'ea Stringfellow (Jets)
LB Deon Lacey (Bills)
CB Lafayette Pitts (Jaguars)

Five UDFAs made the squad in addition to all seven drafted rookies (McMillan and Ford on IR).

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Handily, both in average punt and average net.

Darr was on his last year of his contract as well, instead of paying Darr they decided to move on and have a punter on their rookie contract. Haack is also left footed which can give the returners trouble handling the punt possibly getting an extra fumble or 2. 

Haack was a good bit better this preseason.  Darr was nothing special and was on the last year of his deal.  A no-brainer for me.  

It's the Franks/Parkey swap that shocked me.  Parkey is fairly terrible.  Does the FO not remember the game he single-handedly lost the Browns against the Fins just last year?  May as well sign Aguayo and give him a shot to get over the yips.  He was the best NCAA kicker I've ever seen.  

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Darr was great for us. This Haack kid sucks.

Yep. The numbers from preseason have not shown up in the preseason. I wonder what they saw in training camp? I know Fields was a tad expensive and they were cap-strapped after Cutler was signed. But Haack has been quite bad.

Archived