The Dolphins have named QB Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starter

Steelersfan43

Just now, Elky said:

Buyer's remorse. Rosen wasn't worth a Cuban sandwich.

I was probably the most vocal person against trading for Rosen even at the time. Didn't want him, thought it was a horrible trade

Now that we've traded for him we're not even going to start and evaluate him

It's a joke at my expense tbh

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I was probably the most vocal person against trading for Rosen even at the time. Didn't want him, thought it was a horrible trade

Now that we've traded for him we're not even going to start and evaluate him

It's a joke at my expense tbh

They have evaluated him via practice and preseason.

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Fire up your Ravens defenses for week 1, folks.

If we look at the recent history for the Ravens in week 1 (since 2015) every QB had been garbage against the Ravens in week 1, so I think it will be the case also for Fitzpatrick ... Fitzpatrick is better than the QB that the Ravens played against last year (Peterman) but Fitzpatrick is not much better than the other 3 QB before.

6 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

If we look at the recent history for the Ravens in week 1 (since 2015) every QB had been garbage against the Ravens in week 1, so I think it will be the case also for Fitzpatrick ... Fitzpatrick is better than the QB that the Ravens played against last year (Peterman) but Fitzpatrick is not much better than the other 3 QB before.

He will suck against the Ravens and light us up the week after.

On a serious note: 

-Rosen came to MIA in May (ok late April) with the trade.  OTA’s would have been meaningless then with a guy literally just arrived.  Another 4-6 weeks in practice & scrimmages will do wonders to get full command of the O.  

-Starting Fitz week 1 allows there to be no controversy when Rosen eventually takes over.    Starting Rosen 1 would always have the call that Fitzmagic would be a better option.  This removes all doubt once Rosen takes over.  

-The first month is when the OL gels.  Given how bad the OL is better to have Fitzmagic take the punishment there.  

I actually think Rosen outplayed Fitz - but only barely so. It’s also pretty clear he’s still got some work left to command the O fully.  Struggling week 1 would have been a lock given that.  So letting Fitz play again is the right play for week 1.   And avoiding the early games when the OL could easily get their QB killed is a smart move IMO.  

Now I take everything back if the Phins don’t replace Fitzmagic by week 9 at latest.   Half a season is the minimum needed to evaluate Rosen’s future in MIA for 2020+.   But this move so far is good for Rosen so long as he gets his shot.  Plus it fulfills the Fitzmagic life cycle so it maintains balance in the universe.  Everyone wins - most of all the BAL D week 1 in DFS.  

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

On a serious note: 

-Rosen came to MIA in May (ok late April) with the trade.  OTA’s would have been meaningless then with a guy literally just arrived.  Another 4-6 weeks in practice & scrimmages will do wonders to get full command of the O.  

Fitz will be a very good QB 'coach' for Rosen too. 

Fitz is the new Don Strock. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Fitz will be a very good QB 'coach' for Rosen too. 

Fitz is the new Don Strock. 

It’s kind of his thing by now to know he’s warming the seat for someone else.   It’s how career backups stick around.