The Dolphins have named QB Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starter

Steelersfan43

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s kind of his thing by now to know he’s warming the seat for someone else.   It’s how career backups stick around.  

This time, I hope he stays with Miami as backup QB for a couple years and be Rosen's mentor. Fitz is a highly intelligent dude. 

I don't get this. The Dolphins have to know that they aren't going anywhere this season. Why not give Rosen a full season? At least then you'll have a better picture of what you have with him and you can feel confident in your decision to draft a QB or to stick with Rosen. 

6 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I don't get this. The Dolphins have to know that they aren't going anywhere this season. Why not give Rosen a full season? At least then you'll have a better picture of what you have with him and you can feel confident in your decision to draft a QB or to stick with Rosen. 

Have you heard of a guy named David Carr? Pretty talented QB who ended up breaking mentally due to how many hits he ended up taking due to no offensive line. Dolphins could be trying to avoid a similar fate for Rosen.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Have you heard of a guy named David Carr? Pretty talented QB who ended up breaking mentally due to how many hits he ended up taking due to no offensive line. Dolphins could be trying to avoid a similar fate for Rosen.

At the same time, you have to know what you have, right? If they go with Fitzpatrick for a good chunk of this year then they're either OK with not taking a QB next year or I guess they don't care if they draft someone like Tua or Herbert and never really commit to Rosen. 

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

imagine spending a 2nd on Rosen only to start Fitzpatrick instead of using the season to evaluate him

imagine

Don't worry, Rosen will get his shot sooner or later when Fitzmagic/Fitztragic inevitably melts down.