The Dolphins have named QB Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starter

Steelersfan43

14 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

There is no benefit to starting fitz

Maybe Rosen is not ready or he's been progressing very poorly.  I haven't really watched him in the pre-season or kept up with their practices, so I'm not sure.  Rosen will probably play eventually once Fitz has a few all-pro games and then turns into crap.

2 minutes ago, G said:

Expected for a couple games and then the Fitzmagic ends. Then rollin w Rosen and then another sprinkle of Fitzmagic. Lol

It could end before it starts!

The first 4 games for the Dolphins are against the Ravens,Patriots,Cowboys and Chargers...Only the game against the Cowboys are on the road,but still a brutal schedule in september,even if for some reason the Patriots always struggle on the road against the Dolphins(Brady is 7-10 in his career in Miami).

I do not know if it's because of the heat, or just a coincidence, but it's just weird!....Last year, the Dolphins win against the Pats were lucky of course, but outside of this game, the Dolphins often dominated the Pats when they won against them in Miami.

10 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Have you heard of a guy named David Carr? Pretty talented QB who ended up breaking mentally due to how many hits he ended up taking due to no offensive line. Dolphins could be trying to avoid a similar fate for Rosen.

That's not a bad plan.  He took a beating last year in AZ and he's not the biggest guy as it is.  The fact that they are willing to sit him might actually show that they have more faith in him than if they let him play.  If they thought he was horrible, they could just throw him to the wolves and tank the season.  Having him sit behind Fitz might mean that their plans for Rosen are more long term.  Another possibility could be that my theory is completely crazy.  :D

18 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's not a bad plan.  He took a beating last year in AZ and he's not the biggest guy as it is.  The fact that they are willing to sit him might actually show that they have more faith in him than if they let him play.  If they thought he was horrible, they could just throw him to the wolves and tank the season.  Having him sit behind Fitz might mean that their plans for Rosen are more long term.  Another possibility could be that my theory is completely crazy.  :D

Makes sense to me. They also don't risk tanking his trade value.

• Like 1

I can kinda understand it, especially in light of the moves they made today shipping their tackle and one of the better receiving weapons out for futures.  An already pretty poor situation for a QB becomes even worse, and maybe you don't want to put your fragile young QB out there in that mess.  But what's the ultimate plan then?  You're going to sit Rosen for the entire year?  This whole stop/start situation can't be good for a young QBs development.  Especially not if it's an entire year being burned here.  And if not, and you're planning to eventually start Rosen anyway...what exactly are you protecting him from now?