2019 Official Cut down thread

Forge

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

Will be curious to see if anyone picks up Wilson. Texans?

Do they still run the zbs?

Man, back injuries are no joke. We should keep the extra wr by cutting the QB. 

The NFL needs a DL like baseball 

17 minutes ago, Hopper15 said:

I'm really skeptical another team would even sign CJ if we waived him. He's that limited as a QB.  

Maybe. The options are super limited in the quarterback world. But he's just not any good. Y2 put it best during the podcast in that it's not like he couldn't be easily replaced in s test with a mid round pick. 

I just don't know what the fear is in losing him without a trade. But maybe it's just shanny just really trying to push that narrative while finding a trade

Jeremiah Valoaga in 4 preseason games - 15 tackles 4.5 sacks 5 TFL

Doubtful to make the roster with how stacked we are on the Dline, but man he had a killer preseason. I hope he can make it to the practice squad but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in over Julian Taylor/Armstead’s traded. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting that Barrows has Givens making the team over Moore. 

With the interior DL we are to lose at season's end, it makes some sense. Our top three edge rushers are set for this season so I could see Moore being the odd man out I guess. 

Lowder didn't have Moore on the team either, though he didn't put Givens on. But seems like Moore has an uphill battle for sure. 

Have to wonder if we're talking about trade candidates that they might go with a bigger name on the IDL. Namely Armstead or (unlikely) Solly. I feel like if you went with Armstead, you could very well get a solid IOL player back. Not sure who that could yield though, specifically and by what team. 

Edited by John232

27 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Jeremiah Valoaga in 4 preseason games - 15 tackles 4.5 sacks 5 TFL

Doubtful to make the roster with how stacked we are on the Dline, but man he had a killer preseason. I hope he can make it to the practice squad but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in over Julian Taylor/Armstead’s traded. 

I thought that there was going to be a trade coming, but after the IR of Street, I'm guessing that is less likely, especially with a lot of the beat writers prognosticating that Moore won't even make the squad. 

Just now, John232 said:

Have to wonder if we're talking about trade candidates that they might go with a bigger name on the IDL. Namely Armstead or (unlikely) Solly. I feel like if you went with Armstead, you could very well get a solid IOL player back. Not sure who that could yield though. 

No doubt that we are talking trade, and I hope to god we would be looking at the interior offensive line (though I'd love a G/T type), but I just don't know if that guy is out there who would be comparable in dealing Armstead (plus, this staff loves armstead it seems like). The offensive line problems are real around the NFL...a lot of teams in some real trouble there. 

While I agree with Branch that this would mean something a lot of times, I'm not sure it does here. Given that Young was signed so late in the process, the team really could have just felt that they wanted him to get some more reps. 

If it's Skule who makes the roster, then dear god help us. The dude is just not anywhere close to being ready. I'd much rather just go back and get Gilliam, or take a chance on one of the other currently unsigned tackles.