2019 Official Cut down thread

Forge

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

No surprises outside of Matthews 

I'm kind of shocked that both Exum and Harris got the ax. That's kind of crazy. Lee was a bit of a shocker. I hate that we currently have an offensive line that includes Brunskill and Skule...we better hope and pray for health on that line. Givens I Thought had a real shot at the roster. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm kind of shocked that both Exum and Harris got the ax. That's kind of crazy. Lee was a bit of a shocker. I hate that we currently have an offensive line that includes Brunskill and Skule...we better hope and pray for health on that line. Givens I Thought had a real shot at the roster. 

I'm hoping we trade/claim for swing tackle and a guard 

Just now, John232 said:

Pretty sure Exum is going to be a guy they end up signing some point soon. He's old and probably doesn't have a ton of upside to other teams. 

But the 4 TE is surprising...

Lynch did say it is possible they pick up a fourth safety soon. Makes sense if he is the guy who ends up signing after Street is put on ST-IR. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lynch did say it is possible they pick up a fourth safety soon. Makes sense if he is the guy who ends up signing after Street is put on ST-IR. 

I'm wondering if they have Sua or Tabor on their minds as another safety. Since they both hit the market yesterday, we knew that they were going to be available when we made our cuts today. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm wondering if they have Sua or Tabor on their minds as another safety. Since they both hit the market yesterday, we knew that they were going to be available when we made our cuts today. 

Would explain Harris AND Exum to some degree if they're going after Sua. Exum will probably be in flux with us all year, Harris can go to PS. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Would explain Harris AND Exum to some degree if they're going after Sua. Exum will probably be in flux with us all year, Harris can go to PS. 

Yeah, I really feel like there had to be a plan in place already to make both of those cuts. I get that Exum is one of those guys that bounces around and isn't subject to waivers, so he may have been available regardless of whether or not we could find someone else, but I still think that's an unnecessary risk. And there's simply no way that we are carrying 3 safeties on the team with one of them being Jimmie "I just hurt myself signing my contract and will miss 8 weeks" Ward. 

• Like 1