2019 Official Cut down thread

Forge

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's better than Colbert and Harris, but surprised the Broncos got rid of him. Forgot which preseason game it was, but he looked pretty solid, especially in the run game. 

Actually fairly surprised as well. This is confirmed by Klis

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's better than Colbert and Harris, but surprised the Broncos got rid of him. Forgot which preseason game it was, but he looked pretty solid, especially in the run game. 

Would love if we picked up Cravens. Him and Kyle can talk about how bad the Redskins are.

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting that Barrows has Givens making the team over Moore. 

With the interior DL we are to lose at season's end, it makes some sense. Our top three edge rushers are set for this season so I could see Moore being the odd man out I guess. 

If the team is worried about Seattle taking Givens via waivers, then it does make sense. He had a good preseason. Would prefer him on the PS for a year rather than a healthy scratch all year (guessing), but I want to see what he has in 2020. If that means the 53, then cool.

Moore being the odd man out always struck me as the most realistic outcome. I thought Street to IR gave him a chance. But the other NFL team to most recently cut him was the 13-sack Raiders of last year (not a great look for a pass rusher to fail there). In the AAF, Daniel Brunskill was the quality of offensive lineman he had to face, which is not too far off from what he saw in the preseason, so the production does come with the obvious grain of salt. 

I think the question with Moore is this: Assuming Ford and Bosa are injured, would the team put Damontre Moore in on the edge over both Arik Armstead and Solomon Thomas (since Blair would be the other)? If the answer is no, Moore can't make the team. 

11 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If the team is worried about Seattle taking Givens via waivers, then it does make sense. He had a good preseason. Would prefer him on the PS for a year rather than a healthy scratch all year (guessing), but I want to see what he has in 2020. If that means the 53, then cool.

Moore being the odd man out always struck me as the most realistic outcome. I thought Street to IR gave him a chance. But the other NFL team to most recently cut him was the 13-sack Raiders of last year (not a great look for a pass rusher to fail there). In the AAF, Daniel Brunskill was the quality of offensive lineman he had to face, which is not too far off from what he saw in the preseason, so the production does come with the obvious grain of salt. 

I think the question with Moore is this: Assuming Ford and Bosa are injured, would the team put Damontre Moore in on the edge over both Arik Armstead and Solomon Thomas (since Blair would be the other)? If the answer is no, Moore can't make the team. 

I think it will be no. I think we just mix and match there if that is the case. The team even toyed with Buckner out there, so I think that's the approach we would take. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Didn't pay attention to the Ravens in the preseason. This feels like a surprise. But good on us for not going after this one in the offseason. 

He had that one really promising season, and then completely fell apart. It was a good buy low signing by the Ravens, but clearly Ray is toast at this point. Maybe it was the foot injuries or something.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Was just about to post this. 

Please tell me that there is a trade in the works or we have an idea on guys who have already been cut or something. Skule is not ready to be on this roster. At all.