2019 Official Cut down thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was just about to post this. 

Please tell me that there is a trade in the works or we have an idea on guys who have already been cut or something. Skule is not ready to be on this roster. At all. 

If we have injuries to our oline our backups are all trash. Maybe not Garland but he's the only decent player.

Edited by 49erurtaza

Practice squad in the future hopefully, but a real dud of a preseason sadly. 

Also, Chris Biederman brought up a good point about Sam Young. He could be a player the team told, 'hey, you made the team so don't go anywhere, but we're cutting you to save a spot for McKinnon/Street/Colbert to go on short-term IR and will bring you back Monday."

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Also, Chris Biederman brought up a good point about Sam Young. He could be a player the team told, 'hey, you made the team so don't go anywhere, but we're cutting you to save a spot for McKinnon/Street/Colbert to go on short-term IR and will bring you back Monday."

Good point. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jet is apparently getting additional opinions on his knee which will help determine whether or not he's on the IR to return or just flat out IR'd. 

I hope for short-term IR. 

1) We may need fresh legs by Week 9. 

2) It can allow us to evaluate how he does and if it's worth trying a Malcolm Smith-like restructure or just cut bait completely. Even as a big fan of McKinnon and his signing, I'm leaning more toward I would just rather move on. On the other hand, it would be nice to know if his fit was as perfect as I thought it was.