2019 Official Cut down thread

Forge

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we are going to add a corner, I'd really like to take a chance on Donovan Olumba

Adding a corner doesn't make much sense actually as we already have six on the roster. Think Breer just listed the top three teams on the waiver wire lol. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to assume that it was Exum who actually made the roster and that he will be picked back up once Street hits the IR. 

That's my thinking as well. 

Did Jeff Wilson get claimed elsewhere? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Adding a corner doesn't make much sense actually as we already have six on the roster. Think Breer just listed the top three teams on the waiver wire lol. 

That's my thinking as well. 

Did Jeff Wilson get claimed elsewhere? 

Not so far as I know

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Lee and Harris as well? I'm good with this. Would have been by fine without either but also good with both.

Yeah, I don't think the PS could have possibly worked out any better. I still have some issues with the 53 (well, one issue, but we will get to that), but that PS is nearly perfect. I can't hate the team for selecting Helm over Mayfield even though I was a fan of the latter. 

Also, Joshua Garnett couldn't even get a waiver claim. Woof. 

So we will be going with Skule as our swing tackle or will we bring back Young once Street is on the ST-IR?

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think the PS could have possibly worked out any better. I still have some issues with the 53 (well, one issue, but we will get to that), but that PS is nearly perfect. I can't hate the team for selecting Helm over Mayfield even though I was a fan of the latter. 

Also, Joshua Garnett couldn't even get a waiver claim. Woof. 

Wouldn't a team have to pay Garnett his first round salary on the last year of his deal if he was claimed? Would make more sense for a team to sign him AFTER he cleared waivers, but I could be wrong here. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wouldn't a team have to pay Garnett his first round salary on the last year of his deal if he was claimed? Would make more sense for a team to sign him AFTER he cleared waivers, but I could be wrong here. 

It is possible. Hadn't thought of that, but you may be correct

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
 So we will be going with Skule as our swing tackle or will we bring back Young once Street is on the ST-IR?

I have to imagine that spot is for Exum. I think we are rolling with Skule. 

This team better hope that our starting five stays healthy the entire season

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It is possible. Hadn't thought of that, but you may be correct

I know in the NBA when a player gets waived any team putting a claim on that player has to pick up that player's salary. I'm guessing it is similar in the NFL?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I have to imagine that spot is for Exum. I think we are rolling with Skule. 

This team better hope that our starting five stays healthy the entire season

That is such a scary scary thought. I heard Lynch say Brunskill can also play tackle but I just can't believe they wouldn't go with some veteran here. Skule would have made the PS if released anyways so I don't get why he HAS to be on the final 53. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That is exactly right. Now he will sign for the minimum somewhere 

IN OTHER NEWS: Myles Jack just signed a huge extension. IF ONLY baalke would have browsed this forum 

Edited by N4L