2019 Official Cut down thread

Forge

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

I am as happy as can be with our Week 1 roster. I think it's right where it should be in Year 3 of a total rebuild (which this obviously is). A good, young promising team with star talent at key spots and good depth, but with some probably fatal flaws that need one more offseason to fix before the team can compete for a Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Not really a suprise. Can play both spots problaby better than Colbert or Harris one and plays ST.

Yep. @y2lamanaki I think both preferred Exum over those two, just weren't sure if the team would go against hand picked guys. I think we are both happy with how that played out

4 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

I don't know why we'd have a TE on the PS when we have already have 4 on the 53 man roster? Seems like a waste of a spot to me.

I think Helm is more of a hopeful Juszczyk replacement than a TE. That's how he was used in the final few preseason games. Makes sense to try and identify a replacement for Juice soon, as I don't think we will be able to afford a FB at Juice's price beyond next season, so next year is probably Juice's last.

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
practice squad will be filled by OT Ryan Pope (San Diego State),

Hmm.. at least someone that can offer up some temporary hope at backup OT. He's got 34 and 1/4" arms, 11 and 1/8" hands, good strength, said to have good mobility, some OT versatility. 

1 hour ago, FilmJunkie said:

Anyone in here listen to ronbo sports? Dude is on top of everything related to the 49'ers....

Every member in this sub-forum is on top of everything Niners related so that's not saying much. I've seen that Ronbo guy's stuff on YT. I think he's a rambling mess personally. You should really check out the 49ers Future Podcast....much better content.

• Like 3

On 8/31/2019 at 5:26 PM, Forge said:

Contract is up after this year, but he's an erfa, so we tender him for basically nothing. After that he's an rfa. I'd probably give him a second round tender if someone wanted to sign him. So at minimum, he's here two more years unless someone was willing to offer the second round pick in two years

I also just realized this is the same for breida. Hell yeah!

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why not just bring back Sam Young if we're still unsure of our swing tackle situation?

I'm guessing because the team does not want Sam Young, judging solely by his release and immediate turn to Jordan Mills for a workout (though, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will sign Mills either).

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'm guessing because the team does not want Sam Young, judging solely by his release and immediate turn to Jordan Mills for a workout (though, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will sign Mills either).

I'm not saying Young is good or anything, but he looked decent in his limited time in the preseason and the beat writers said he looked solid in practice. I mean look, we have one of the best bookend duos in the game, but if one of them go down, we are royally screwed. No doubt about that. But no need to go out and sign guys like Mills when you could just bring back Young who at least knows the offense well.