2019 Official Cut down thread

Forge

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

This greatly disappoints me.

He's had a nice camp and played well. Just think this is the case of choosing a younger player over him or possibly bringing Matthews back after week 2.

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The beat writers were on money with this prediction. 

Any idea why we played Day so much against LAC? Possibly to trade him? Does Thomas start over him if we keep him? 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Any idea why we played Day so much against LAC? Possibly to trade him? Does Thomas start over him if we keep him? 

I found this interesting as well, and I have no idea. I wouldn't be shocked if they were sizing him up as trade bait. He's a FA after the year, and I really don't think that he'll be back. We have a lot of 3-techs in that room. But it was weird to be out there with the starting units earlier in the preseason and then still out there with the roster fodder in game 4. Maybe the plan was always to showcase him. 

Just now, Forge said:

The Pats released Brian Hoyer. Quality backup. This is why the entire CJ thing is bizarre to me. I just don't know why anyone would trade for him. Really hope I am wrong lol 

This kills the CJ Beathard trade market maybe we can get a 2022 7th for him.

But I wonder if CJ is getting paternity leave and he's not going to be available for the first game. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

This kills the CJ Beathard trade market maybe we can get a 2022 7th for him.

But I wonder if CJ is getting paternity leave and he's not going to be available for the first game. 

I just don't get the fascination at all. I Think Y2 said it best on the podcast when saying that Shanny could easily find another CJ beathard (probably whenever he wanted to) to try and mold. 

But let's see. Brian Hoyer. Cardale Jones. Kyle Lauletta more than likely. There are just a lot of guys out there who are similar to CJ at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I found this interesting as well, and I have no idea. I wouldn't be shocked if they were sizing him up as trade bait. He's a FA after the year, and I really don't think that he'll be back. We have a lot of 3-techs in that room. But it was weird to be out there with the starting units earlier in the preseason and then still out there with the roster fodder in game 4. Maybe the plan was always to showcase him. 

Was 1st team in OTAs as well as TC. Just made little sense for him being the lone starter on defense still playing the last game of preseason. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pooooolllliiiitttteeeeeeeee!!! 

Do it Lynch!!! 

His fall has been absolutely brutal. One of the worst in recent memory with regards to draft prospects. He was seriously considered a potential first rounder heading into the combine....

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

His fall has been absolutely brutal. One of the worst in recent memory with regards to draft prospects. He was seriously considered a potential first rounder heading into the combine....

Yep, pretty amazing to see this downfall. How do you show up woefully out of shape for the combine and pro day? Raiders take a chance on him though right? 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, pretty amazing to see this downfall. How do you show up woefully out of shape for the combine and pro day? Raiders take a chance on him though right? 

Maybe. But lets be real, Polite was a third round pick who couldn't even make the roster his rookie season. He's very likely to be the highest draft pick cut. I don't remember a lot of third rounders cut their rookie season on any given year. Maybe 1 or 2? That would be like a 95% retention rate on 3rd round picks their rookie season, and he coudln't even do that. Then add into that equation that the Jets have one of the worst edge situations in the NFL. What does that tell us about Polite at this point? 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe. But lets be real, Polite was a third round pick who couldn't even make the roster his rookie season. He's very likely to be the highest draft pick cut. I don't remember a lot of third rounders cut their rookie season on any given year. Maybe 1 or 2? That would be like a 95% retention rate on 3rd round picks their rookie season, and he coudln't even do that. Then add into that equation that the Jets have one of the worst edge situations in the NFL. What does that tell us about Polite at this point? 

Just to add to this - it was the first time since 1986 that the Jets cut a rookie they selected in the first three rounds 

Add DeShone Kizer to the never ending parade of back up quarterbacks out there. Cut by Green Bay.  So glad we didn't jump on that grenade that year. Makes the CJ pick not so bad lol. 

Lauletta as well. Giants tried to trade him, no takers apparently. 

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pooooolllliiiitttteeeeeeeee!!! 

Do it Lynch!!! 

Pretty certain Reuben has "fixed" any chance this would happen....  Did not ever care for this prospect and not about to start. He sabotaged himself so hard it is ridiculous. He is his own worst enemy. He hasn't been good since the collegiate season ended. :S