Start/Sit and Weekly Lineup Help

11sanchez11

Mulling over my flex right now. I need to choose one of:

RB David Montgomery vs Green Bay

RB Tony Pollard vs New York Giants

WR Jarvis Landry vs Tennessee

As a Bears fan, my heart is obviously with Montgomery. But the Bears playing on Thursday makes this awkward. If Zeke doesn't play, I'd love to start Pollard, but Montgomery is the other option and he's playing three days earlier... So do I risk it and stick Pollard in there? Or play it safe and go Montgomery?

Kind of talked myself out of starting Landry this week but just curious as to how people think he'll do this season with Beckham in Cleveland too now.

5 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

As a Bears fan, my heart is obviously with Montgomery. But the Bears playing on Thursday makes this awkward. If Zeke doesn't play, I'd love to start Pollard, but Montgomery is the other option and he's playing three days earlier... So do I risk it and stick Pollard in there? Or play it safe and go Montgomery?

Kind of talked myself out of starting Landry this week but just curious as to how people think he'll do this season with Beckham in Cleveland too now.

PPR league or standard? PPR I think I would do with Juice Landry I think he the safest play until we find out the roles of Pollard and Montgomery. Standard I would start thinking about one of the RBs but I would take a wait and see approach with Monty and Pollard.

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

PPR league or standard? PPR I think I would do with Juice Landry I think he the safest play until we find out the roles of Pollard and Montgomery. Standard I would start thinking about one of the RBs but I would take a wait and see approach with Monty and Pollard.

Oh yeah it's standard. I might have to look at Landry a bit more then, as he was my third choice out of the three. Thanks man.

1 hour ago, RJ_11 said:

I understand that you’re hung up on it being Thursday and if Monty played a real game last week and took real tackles and punishment I’d agree but he is as fresh as he’ll ever be. He’s not playing on a short week like most other Thursday night games. If it were me, I’d start Monty. If Zeke sits out it gets tough but i still like Monty

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I understand that you’re hung up on it being Thursday and if Monty played a real game last week and took real tackles and punishment I’d agree but he is as fresh as he’ll ever be. He’s not playing on a short week like most other Thursday night games. If it were me, I’d start Monty. If Zeke sits out it gets tough but i still like Monty

This.  Montgomery is someone who the Bears coaching staff apparently loves, and has had a pretty damn good camp/preseason from what I can tell.  I think he starts the season as the RB1 in Chicago and he's got a plus matchup against a Packers D that lost Mike Daniels in the offseason.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

If you're playing Montgomery on Thursday just remember to put him in one of your RB slots rather than the FLEX.

Beyond that I have a feeling the Zeke stuff will be resolved by Thursday and we'll have a sense both of whether Zeke is back and also whether they plan on playing him right away (I think they will). I wouldn't consider Landry in this decision-making, it's Pollard if Zeke doesn't play and it's Montgomery if he does. If the Zeke stuff drags into the weekend and Pollard only becomes a non-factor at the last minute then Landry makes for a fine emergency FLEX option. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

If you're playing Montgomery on Thursday just remember to put him in one of your RB slots rather than the FLEX.

Beyond that I have a feeling the Zeke stuff will be resolved by Thursday and we'll have a sense both of whether Zeke is back and also whether they plan on playing him right away (I think they will). I wouldn't consider Landry in this decision-making, it's Pollard if Zeke doesn't play and it's Montgomery if he does. If the Zeke stuff drags into the weekend and Pollard only becomes a non-factor at the last minute then Landry makes for a fine emergency FLEX option. 

This depends on who he already has in his RB spots though, doesn't it?

13 minutes ago, ravens_rool28 said:

This depends on who he already has in his RB spots though, doesn't it?

No. You want to keep your options as open as possible, which means burning out your single positions first. What happens if he plays Montgomery in his flex, locking that position up on Thursday, then on Friday one of his running backs gets hurt in practice or something and Zeke signs and comes back to play on Sunday? He can't play Landry in the RB spot, and Pollard wouldn't get him anything. You should never burn out your flex roster spot on a thursday night game. Whoever is in his rb spot now would go into his flex position

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

No. You want to keep your options as open as possible, which means burning out your single positions first. What happens if he plays Montgomery in his flex, locking that position up on Thursday, then on Friday one of his running backs gets hurt in practice or something and Zeke signs and comes back to play on Sunday? He can't play Landry in the RB spot, and Pollard wouldn't get him anything. You should never burn out your flex roster spot on a thursday night game. 

Hmm... very fair point.

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

No. You want to keep your options as open as possible, which means burning out your single positions first. What happens if he plays Montgomery in his flex, locking that position up on Thursday, then on Friday one of his running backs gets hurt in practice or something and Zeke signs and comes back to play on Sunday? He can't play Landry in the RB spot, and Pollard wouldn't get him anything. You should never burn out your flex roster spot on a thursday night game. Whoever is in his rb spot now would go into his flex position

Its the little things like this that sometimes make a huge difference. You never want it to come down to it but just like benching a guy playing Monday night when you've already won, some things aren't worth the risk