Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, Chili said:

I don't understand this. We sign him to the roster by paying him a small salary but with no practices or preseason games to evaluate him we suddenly cut him less than a day later just so we can put him on the practice squad. What a waste of money.  Surely we would save money just by waiting a day or two and then adding him to the practice squad.

It is a good tryout situation.  Gives the coaches a good look at a guy that may be available for the PS.  

37 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Thinking Campbell and Roberts stay on the PUP, leaving 21 more cuts.

They practice tomorrow morning, so they probably wont cut their PS guys until after practice.

Don't think Campbell or Roberts count against the 90man yet.

Also believe their practice is Sunday morning, not tomorrow. Would make no sense to practice with guys you're cutting.

Rob Demovsky:  At this point, I'm told Tim Boyle is not expected to be cut. But no word yet on if he's the Packers' No. 2 or No. 3 quarterback -- or if they're even keeping three. Still plenty of moving parts before tomorrow's deadline.

In other, unrelated news...........

Adam Schefter:  Cleveland traded QB David Blough to the Lions, with the two teams swapping 7ths in 2022, per source. But Lions add another QB.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't think Campbell or Roberts count against the 90man yet.

Also believe their practice is Sunday morning, not tomorrow. Would make no sense to practice with guys you're cutting.

I don't know, just going by memory. Going into today I had the roster at 89 with Roberts and Campbell. It was at 90 before Tyson and Grisby were removed to bring it to 88, then it stood at 89 with the Allen signing.

For tomorrow, I was told they were going to do some sort of walk through in the morning before the cut down deadline, and the roster could still be round 60 at that time. The extra players would be players they're looking to sign to the PS... We'll see.

4 hours ago, Chili said:

I don't understand this. We sign him to the roster by paying him a small salary but with no practices or preseason games to evaluate him we suddenly cut him less than a day later just so we can put him on the practice squad. What a waste of money.  Surely we would save money just by waiting a day or two and then adding him to the practice squad.

Lmao. Yeah we're ****ed now.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's probably the right to swap 7th round draft picks.

Is that the lowest you can go on a trade ?    Player must feel really in demand. Suppose you could trade someone for the option to swap 7th rounders in a couple of years time.

Rodgers kizer boyle Wilkins

Cuts:

jones Williams vitale williams Carson Ford 

cuts: bohannan Johnson 

Graham Lewis Tonyan Sternberger Baylis

cuts: McKever

Adams MVS Allison Davis Kumerow EQ Lazard Shep Moore 

cuts:Redding Taylor

Bakh Bulaga Light Turner Taylor Jenkins Lindsley Patrick McCray Madison Nijman Pankey

cuts: de Beer, Coyle, Dejon,  

Clark Adams Lowry Lancaster Keke Looney Brown sagapolu 

cuts: Simon

Smith Smith Fackrell Gary Jones Ramsey Roberts 

Cuts:

Martinez Burks Bolton Summers Crawford Folston 

cuts: Sheldon 

Amos Savage Greene Redmond Jameson Campbell 

cuts: Matthews 

Alexander Brown King Williams Hollman Sullivan Jackson ento 

cuts: Khalili Porter Rouse 

Crosby Ficken Scott Bradley 

Edited by boratt

Aaron Nagler: 

My 2 cents on the backup QBs: Keep Boyle, who has shown growth and development over the last year. Cut Kizer, who has not. You’re done if either has to play extensively, so let the guy who is seemingly still developing get the work.

And to be clear, I say that with the utmost respect for the work Kizer has put in during his time in GB. Everyone I talk to raves about his attitude and approach. But at some point you have to show some improvement and he’s pretty much still the QB he’s always been.

• Like 1