Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler: 

My 2 cents on the backup QBs: Keep Boyle, who has shown growth and development over the last year. Cut Kizer, who has not. You’re done if either has to play extensively, so let the guy who is seemingly still developing get the work.

And to be clear, I say that with the utmost respect for the work Kizer has put in during his time in GB. Everyone I talk to raves about his attitude and approach. But at some point you have to show some improvement and he’s pretty much still the QB he’s always been.

@Packerraymond

Yell at Aaron for being a hater please

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Agree totally with Nagler. Also ask yourself this. Which QB is most likely to have an unforced error leading to turnover or 6 the other way. It's Kizer hands down. This is not to say Boyle is the answer, but confirmation that Kizer is not.

And Boyle actually looks functional at times. Kizer is a Russian Roulette QB. 

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Agree totally with Nagler. Also ask yourself this. Which QB is most likely to have an unforced error leading to turnover or 6 the other way. It's Kizer hands down. This is not to say Boyle is the answer, but confirmation that Kizer is not.

Boyle sucks under pressure dude. Kizer looked pretty good last night, especially in the 2 minute drill.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

And Boyle actually looks functional at times. Kizer is a Russian Roulette QB. 

To my eyes, Kizer hasn't looked the part from Day 1. There is something off. If he gets a practice field look (no pressure, clean pocket, red jersey, on time) he is fine. If not, it's a dumpster fire. Unfortunately, clean reps rarely happen. It says to me that the position is simply not natural to him. He plays the part of QB but he is not a QB. It was good enough in college. It also explains why he looks exactly the same today as he did in his first year in Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Boyle sucks under pressure dude. Kizer looked pretty good last night, especially in the 2 minute drill.

I simply disagree. Talk to me about how Kizer is better today than in his rookie mini camp 2017

Edited by cannondale

Both of these QBs are subpar, but Kizer is way too mistake prone.  He can lose you a game with boneheaded play.  I hoped he would improve when we got him via trade, but he's no different than he's ever been .. same player he was with the Browns.  He just doesn't have it.  If they keep both Boyle and Kizer it's just dumb. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

7 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Boyle fumbled a handoff inside the 10 yard line...

what is going on, I feel like a crazy person.

I'm not saying he's never turned the ball over...

He can throw the ball at different velocities. So that's a thing. He's ACTUALLY gotten better.

Bullet to your head, you really Kizer to win you a game? Real question. 

I dont think he  (Kizer) has changed much if at all; he has always looked good at times but in those same drives he makes some crazy decision and turns the ball over. He did it with Cleveland and he is still doing it here. i don't think Boyle is the answer either, I think Boyle is at best a QB3 in this league right now.

Boyle looks steadier and more in control. Kizer looks like it’s happening too fast for him. 

Boyle also has an incredibly quick release and big arm and he’s been accurate. Boyle looks almost serviceable. Maybe a little boring considering we’re used to Favre/Rodgers,  but Boyle does look serviceable.

Kizer is a dumpster fire

Edited by boratt

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not saying he's never turned the ball over...

He can throw the ball at different velocities. So that's a thing. He's ACTUALLY gotten better.

Bullet to your head, you really Kizer to win you a game? Real question. 

Between the two? Give me Kizer. 

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

This is not about Boyle vs Kizer. This is about Kizer. He's a dead end.

It literally is about that.