Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

If Kumerow costs the Packers a playoff berth or Super Bowl win, I'll worry about it then

Realistically, how many guys on an NFL team have a WAR of more than 1? 

• The QB

That's the entire list. By that logic you wouldn't really worry about any positions other than that one. That doesn't mean you shouldn't care about those positions. 

Every roster is in flux all year, every week.  Just because somebody's favorite makes the initial 53 or doesn't make it doesn't mean squat.  It's going to be a long season for every team, it always is.  Lots gonna happen....

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

You’re lost , pal. 

Everything was there for him to make the roster. 

Keep fishing though 

And again. I never claimed he wouldn't make it. I was irritated that everyone wanted to fan boy it up and ignore his deficiencies. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Realistically, how many guys on an NFL team have a WAR of more than 1? 

• The QB

That's the entire list. By that logic you wouldn't really worry about any positions other than that one. That doesn't mean you shouldn't care about those positions. 

I'm more worried about the McCray trade than the Kumerow keep

Just now, cannondale said:

I'm more worried about the McCray trade than the Kumerow keep

He and Patrick are basically a wash. 

We basically decided we liked Madison's upside over what we had with McCray. Not an entirely unjustifiable stance, in the overall view. 

The only thing we've got going on right now that's really of any level of concern is what we're doing at ILB. Everything else is pretty much locked in here and we're swapping JAGs for JAGs. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

And again. I never claimed he wouldn't make it. I was irritated that everyone wanted to fan boy it up and ignore his deficiencies. 

Why do you think this is about you? It’s not. I’m just saying there were people saying those things though . 

The sensible take was that he was gonna make it and is probably just gonna be a role player. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

He and Patrick are basically a wash. 

We basically decided we liked Madison's upside over what we had with McCray. Not an entirely unjustifiable stance, in the overall view. 

The only thing we've got going on right now that's really of any level of concern is what we're doing at ILB. Everything else is pretty much locked in here and we're swapping JAGs for JAGs. 

Yea - it's all about an individual fan's perspective .... and how bored he is

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do you think this is about you? It’s not. I’m just saying there were people saying those things though . 

The sensible take was that he was gonna make it and is probably just gonna be a role player. 

It's not about me. But I was in all those conversations. Yes people said "bad things" about him. I don't think a single person went on the record that he getting cut, at least seriously. Then you show up HAHA HE MADE IT I TOLD YOU GUYS when it was just, yeah he has these issues from most everyone, if not everyone. Not that he wasn't going to make the team...

22 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You’re delusional.

A ton of beat writers were praising him.

Bradley Roby game 1, Marlon Humphries week 2, Jaire and Tony Brown in practice . Don’t know what more you want

Agreed .. plus the Packers brass is not doing things to satisfy the fan base .. otherwise Jordy Nelson would still be suiting up.  

59 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Isn't he on a few special teams as a first teamer? 

I kinda think he is that for us. I don’t have too much problem keeping him if the ST coach wants him, but being so thin at ILB almost works against him. That might be the position they turn over with waiver acquisitions. 

Archived