Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

Wat? icon_uhoh.gif

He's only 189 lbs icon_lol.gif

S/ILB guys are typically in the 220-230lbs range.

Seriously ? He looked much bigger than that Thursday night. He was everywhere, including near the line of scrimmage. Obviously I didn't check his vitals

Edit. Am I mixing him up with Matthews ??

1 minute ago, Chili said:

AH!!! I KNEW IT!!! 

EQ goes straight to IR.

This allows us to keep both Redmond and Sullivan

Shame that Bolton has been waived injured instead of IR.

Can they bring Bolton back right away and IR him??

1 minute ago, Chili said:

AH!!! I KNEW IT!!! 

EQ goes straight to IR.

This allows us to keep both Redmond and Sullivan

Shame that Bolton has been waived injured instead of IR.

That's big, because EQ wont be able to come back.

Waiving Bolton allows us to bring him back when he's healthy though...

I like that we kept Redmond!

4 minutes ago, boratt said:

Can they bring Bolton back right away and IR him??

Don't think so.

Waiving injured means we have an agreement in place for how long he is out and then once he's healthy we have to wait for a certain amount of time before we're allowed to attempt to bring him back whether on the practice squad or roster.  

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Don't think so.

Waiving injured means we have an agreement in place for how long he is out and then we have to wait for a certain amount of time before we're allowed to attempt to bring him back whether on the practice squad or roster.  

I don't think that's exactly the case. You can waive injured without anything agreed on. Theoretically we can stash him all year but he isn't eligible for one of the return spots. Or like you say, there could be a settlement. 

But I'm always wrong about this ****

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Think JC Tretter

I don't think McCray is anywhere near as good as Tretter, who was a quality starter at center and even played decent at LT in the playoffs one time when called upon. McCray struggled as a backup RT and was below average as a starting guard. 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't think that's exactly the case. You can waive injured without anything agreed on. Theoretically we can stash him all year but he isn't eligible for one of the return spots. Or like you say, there could be a settlement. 

Did a quick reading:

"When a non-vested player (someone with less than four years of experience) gets cut, he is subjected to waivers, which gives every team 24 hours to claim him. The player becomes a free agent if he is not claimed on waivers. When a vested veteran is cut (released) in the preseason, he can immediately sign with any team."

This does not apply to Bolton

"*Vested veterans can be put directly on injured reserve without being exposed to waivers."

This does not apply to Bolton

" injured non-vested players must be placed on waivers through the waived/injured designation before being placed on injured reserve. This prevents teams from stashing young players on injured reserve. Once a waived/injured player clears waivers, he reverts to the team's IR."

This applies to Bolton

"*After a player is waived/injured, the player and the team have five days to agree to an injury settlement. An injury settlement is designed for a team to pay the player for the time he is expected to miss with the injury.

If a settlement is reached, the player becomes a free agent and can sign with another team immediately. If a settlement is not reached, the player goes on the team's injured reserve. A player on IR can't be waived until he passes a physical.

*In the case of a short-term injury, it's typically in the best interest of both the team and the player to come to an injury agreement.

With a settlement, the team can pay a lump sum to cover the weeks the player will miss due to injury and then cut the player. If the player remains on the injured reserve, the team is responsible for paying his salary each week.

For the player, a settlement allows him to collect compensation for his injury while also immediately seeking opportunities with other teams.

*An injury settlement doesn't automatically occur. If the player suffers a long-term injury, he would have little incentive to pursue an injury settlement. And if a player is in a team's future plans, the team would likely keep the player on injured reserve.

Sometimes the sides just can't reach a settlement. In those cases, the player would be placed on injured reserve and likely waived once he passes his physical.

*In the past, teams weren't able to re-sign waived/injured players until the injury settlement time period plus six additional weeks passed. But a new rule instituted this preseason has reduced the waiting period to the injury settlement time period plus three additional weeks before a team can re-sign a played that was waived/injured."

This might apply to Bolton but I would be surprised if we did this, much more likely we're will attempt to put him on IR.

So basically EQ is a veteran which is why we can put him straight on IR but Bolton is a rookie and we cannot do this. We literally had no choice but to waive him unless we put him on the 53 first. I would've done this - seems needlessly risky what the team is doing.

Archived