The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't think that New England would have let him go if he was capable of being productive this year.

This thing screams of him going off the rails psychologically again, since they released him after a relatively minor injury. I could be wrong, but I don't see him helping the niners or saints if he goes there.

This would make sense if they aren't activating NKeal Harry who is the same body type and they invested a 1st rounder in. They wanted Sanu since last year too, so I think they just picked those 2 over Gordon. 

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't think that New England would have let him go if he was capable of being productive this year.

This thing screams of him going off the rails psychologically again, since they released him after a relatively minor injury. I could be wrong, but I don't see him helping the niners or saints if he goes there.

I disagree. A guy with Gordon's underlying talent, if used properly with a good QB, can be productive. NE cuts guys all the time who are still good players. They just did this with Bennett by dumping him in Dallas.  

Gordon had 5 for 130 and TD against us last year in NE. I have no reason to believe he's not the same player he was in 2018. He's not anywhere near 2013 Josh Gordon, but he's still 2018 Gordon. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I disagree. A guy with Gordon's underlying talent, if used properly with a good QB, can be productive. NE cuts guys all the time who are still good players. They just did this with Bennett by dumping him in Dallas.  

Gordon had 5 for 130 and TD against us last year in NE. I have no reason to believe he's not the same player he was in 2018. He's not anywhere near 2013 Josh Gordon, but he's still 2018 Gordon. 

But with Gordon, it is all about where his head is at.  It is not about the physical talent which has always been there.

Here's who we know Gordon didn't go to, based on reports

Waiver order:

MIA

CIN

WAS -X

ATL -X

NYJ

NYG -X

DEN

TB

CLE

LAC -X

CHI

PIT

OAK -X

ARI

TEN -X

JAC

PHI -X

DET

CAR

LAR

DAL -X

HOU

KC -X

BUF -X

BAL

IND

MIN

SEA

GB

NO-X

NE -X

SF

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

What does everyone in your Zach Brown fan club think about this move? Haha

First of all, the fan club has one person, me. Second, if he's not here, as with any player I like, I just don't want him playing for a contender. I guarantee SF would have been all over him given Kwon's injury. 

• Like 1