The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's been absolutely unplayable this year, but ignoring this year, he's better than Kumerow, I'd be all over this pickup. 

There's no way in hell Moncrief comes down with that catch versus KC that Kumerow did. Davante is back, Jones is proving to be a playmaker, I'd rather the rest of the guys just be reliable. Moncrief is a tipped INT waiting to happen.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's no way in hell Moncrief comes down with that catch versus KC that Kumerow did. Davante is back, Jones is proving to be a playmaker, I'd rather the rest of the guys just be reliable. Moncrief is a tipped INT waiting to happen.

He's got speed and can get separation something Kumerow struggles with.  Kumerow does have good hands.  Moncrief had a finger could explain his struggles.   Don't worry he isn't going to be a Packer as Norm said it's sheer boredom at work.  I would bring him in and work him out.  See what's up because it's not like he hasn't produced before.  But again it's late to be trying to break in a new receiver.  How much value he brings at this late stage probably isn't much anyway.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

He's worse than Martinez.  He's a year and a half older and he was slower and worse in every measurable at the combine.  Rated worse than Martinez in every category. 

Think he's more of a thumper though. Closer to Goodson than Martinez. Threw it out there because he might be a step up from Goodson in terms of the type of player. I liked Brown when he played for Buffalo and he played himself into a decent contract when he left. Haven't watched him this year with Cincy. 

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

Think he's more of a thumper though. Closer to Goodson than Martinez. Threw it out there because he might be a step up from Goodson in terms of the type of player. I liked Brown when he played for Buffalo and he played himself into a decent contract when he left. Haven't watched him this year with Cincy. 

Agreed. He's worth kicking the tires IMHO. We need a good thumper.

Just now, packfanfb said:

He was cut by the worst team in football.