The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Getting back on topic; are there any ILB which seem to fit the coverage type guy we all believe to be the weak point in our defense?

I saw Malik Jefferson mentioned and no nothing about him but I don’t think anyone else was mentioned.

Ray Greene.

6 months ago Jachai Polite was a first round lock and many here, including myself, wanted him or mocked him to GB with the Packers first pick.  

Now he's a free agent.  

Not sure I've seen a player fall that fast since Nick Perry from 2017 to 2018.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

@Packerraymond Gute must have thought the waiver period was later today...🤣

Waiver order:

1. Cardinals - DL Jonathan Bullard
2. 49ers
3. Jets - DE John Franklin-Meyers, WR Braxton Berrios, K/P Kaare Vedvik
4. Raiders - QB Kizer
5. Buccaneers
6. Giants - WR Core
7. Jaguars - TE DeValve, RB Ervin, RB Ozigbo (he sounds like our type of guy with his athletic profile)
8. Lions - RB J.D. McKissic 
9. Bills
10. Broncos - QB Brandon Allen (I wonder if we were interested in him as LaFleur and Hackett knows him)
11. Bengals -  WR/KR Pharoh Cooper, RB Samaje Perine
12. Packers.

Based on the info of that tweet it doesn't appear we put a claim in for Malik Jefferson, Hodge and Seals-Jones as we're ahead of them in the pecking order.

Edited by Chili

3 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Serious question does pettines defense really need a guy undersized with speed playing ILB? Or is/was this just a fad that we all kind of jumped on board with.

There's alot of dime and nickle defences now due to the increasingly pass happy NFL. Teams are starting to prioritise linebackers who are good in coverage and we're no different. Linebackers like that tend to be lighter as they need to move around well to cover the field.

That guy on our roster is Burks but he's injured. The alternative was supposed to be Josh Jones but he was cut. Our 3rd option Curtis Bolton sadly picked up an injury and had to be waived injured. We're hoping he will rejoin us eventually but for now we need to find a ILB who can cover on the waiver wire but unfortunately they are few and far between. Worse case scenario is looking for an oversized safety and throwing them in at ILB.