The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This FO couldn't possibly think any lower of the ILB position is what I've learned. From the time Eliott Wolf said it 3 years ago to today it rings true every time we need one.

I'd be shocked if this FO pays Martinez.

Not placing a high priority on it is one thing. I think they are teetering close to ignorant. 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Josh Jones

I do believe he's still available too! xD

His agent might want to get on the phone with this kid and have him eat some serious crow and BEG the Packers to allow him a chance to play inside linebacker. It will never happen, but he knows the defense so he could, in theory be ready by Thursday. 

Edited by Golfman

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Not placing a high priority on it is one thing. I think they are teetering close to ignorant. 

It's hard not to think that way at the moment. They definitely haven't earned our trust at this spot. Years of Jamari Lattimore, Robert Francois, Sam Barrington, Brad Jones etc.. I'm not just going to blindly trust that Raven Greene is ready for the job. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Pretty much tells you all you need to know about what the league thought of this kid to allow him to clear waivers. He might turn out OK, but the odds are not in his favor. 

For some reason I didn't think of the idea of signing him straight to the practice squad. Zero risk and you hope being put on time out shakes loose some common sense.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's hard not to think that way at the moment. They definitely haven't earned our trust at this spot. Years of Jamari Lattimore, Robert Francois, Sam Barrington, Brad Jones etc.. I'm not just going to blindly trust that Raven Greene is ready for the job. 

We hear all the time about the ability of offenses to target any one guy, matchups, isolations etc etc. I will also go to my grave thinking that the seemingly universal idea of a guy lining up smack dab in the middle of the field is not important is total garbage. Well I guess it's not important if you continually put garbage out there.

Edited by cannondale

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/01/jachai-polite-was-fined-more-than-100000-during-his-time-with-the-jets/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I've heard of players firing their agency, has an agency ever fired a player? Lol. This guy is a straight up trainwreck, I will say this however, Pete Carroll is the perfect coach for him, if he fails there I doubt another GM will touch him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/01/jachai-polite-was-fined-more-than-100000-during-his-time-with-the-jets/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I've heard of players firing their agency, has an agency ever fired a player? Lol. This guy is a straight up trainwreck, I will say this however, Pete Carroll is the perfect coach for him, if he fails there I doubt another GM will touch him.

I retract my previous statement. The guy is obviously brain dead

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Colts are "very interested" in free agent QB Brian Hoyer.

Hoyer is presumably being chased by a handful of teams -- one of them being the Broncos -- and his decision should be coming shortly. Both the Broncos and Colts are without a legit QB2, but the Colts appear to be more desperate. Hoyer's most valuable asset is his experience, something Jacoby Brissett doesn't have.

For as aggressive as he's been in his time here with roster spots 45-53, which has already found NFL talent like Brown, Lazard, Vitale, Redmond etc this was one collective fart noise of a cutdown period for Gute. No way you can tell me that these 63 guys, all from our roster, were the best 63 possible for our squad and we didn't need to utilize the rest of the league at all. 

Granted we're not talking superstars here but it's been refreshing to see him pounce on guys like Brown or Redmond and get them aboard. Brown looks like a young Tramon to me and Redmond is going to be able to play CB or S and be a ST stud, Vitale is our starting FB. Teams have strengths and weaknesses just like we did, hopefully he's as aggressive in season as he was last year and the conservative nature of this process mostly stems from our short week of prep before the Bears.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

...and we didn't need to utilize the rest of the league at all.

We don't yet know what waiver claims the Packers made. We don't know about any discussions/negotiations that took place with other teams/players/agents  We only know that none have come to fruition as of Sunday mid-day

Edited by Shanedorf

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

For as aggressive as he's been in his time here with roster spots 45-53, which has already found NFL talent like Brown, Lazard, Vitale, Redmond etc this was one collective fart noise of a cutdown period for Gute. No way you can tell me that these 63 guys, all from our roster, were the best 63 possible for our squad and we didn't need to utilize the rest of the league at all. 

Granted we're not talking superstars here but it's been refreshing to see him pounce on guys like Brown or Redmond and get them aboard. Brown looks like a young Tramon to me and Redmond is going to be able to play CB or S and be a ST stud, Vitale is our starting FB. Teams have strengths and weaknesses just like we did, hopefully he's as aggressive in season as he was last year and the conservative nature of this process mostly stems from our short week of prep before the Bears.

I'm sure from Gute's perspective, signing Smithx2, Amos, and Turner was pretty darn aggressive at the top end of the roster. Hard to argue. He is also going to trust his draft picks from previous years to make jumps, which you can't argue with either. The ILB spot is the only head scratcher. He also cut bait on Moore and Kizer which is pretty aggressive when you consider TT would have kept those guys around forever.

Edited by cannondale

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What are you doing differently? Honestly asking.

Lazard over Shep? Anyone over Fadol? 

Or are u more focused on not bringing in outside help.