The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

If we pick up 10 better athletes from other teams for our PS, how long is it going to take for them to get up to speed on our offense/defense.  Especially with a short week it is better to have "plug & play" players with experience with our coaches and schemes to be prepared for the inevitable injuries.  There will be some instability at the back end of the PS as the FO scours the thousands of available players for ones to bring in but right now we go with ones we know are knowledgeable and fit with what we do.

I don’t think he’s gonna play a ton, honestly. In run situations, it’s nice to have a second veteran guy. But it’s a passing league so I expect to see more Greene than Goodson.

If Martinez gets injured we’re not completely screwed now though. So over the course or the season that could pay off.

6 minutes ago, boratt said:

I don’t think he’s gonna play a ton, honestly. In run situations, it’s nice to have a second veteran guy. But it’s a passing league so I expect to see more Greene than Goodson.

If Martinez gets injured we’re not completely screwed now though. So over the course or the season that could pay off.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/1114668107342254080

7 minutes ago, boratt said:

LIS, a better version of Morrison. Will help most against the run. You're still using Greene and Burks as your run/chase/cover guys. We needed another run-stopping LB other than Martinez. Now we have one.

10 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

I do stand corrected. I looked at his height/weight/stats and then looked at what some people said about him.... turns out he’s kind of an underrated pass defender. Wonder if we’re trying to get some negotiating leverage on Martinez because I could see his agent asking for ridiculous dough. 

Edited by boratt

Just now, boratt said:

I do stand corrected. I looked at his height/weight/stats and then looked at what some people said about him.... turns out he’s kind of an underrated pass defender. Wonder if we’re trying to get some negotiating leverage on Martinez because I could see his agent asking for ridiculous dough. 

Lets wait till he takes a snap for us before calculating how much of a bargaining chip he'll be.