The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:
7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If you could guarantee it's a bottom ~5 pick in the 1st, I'd do it too. See ya Tramon

I am guessing Tramon would stay as a backup for the inevitable injury that will occur to the starters.

Sullivan to the practice squad.

Heck of a defensive backfield if we could pull this trade off.

I don't see us cutting Tramon, if we wanted to we would have done that before we paid his bonus in the offseason imo. But he would play slot and a bit of safety, which is what Pettine said they envisioned Tramon to do. 

Just a few snippets from a quick google search FWIW

After his mother, Melissa, used social media last month to question the way the Miami coaching staff was utilizing her son, Minkah acknowledged that he didn't agree with his usage, per Mortensen: "I'm not 215 pounds, 220 pounds. So playing in the box isn't best suited for me, but that's what Coach is asking me to do." The Dolphins were not pleased with Fitzpatrick’s candor.

ESPN first reported Thursday night that Fitzpatrick’s agent Joel Segal is seeking a new landing spot for Fitzpatrick. The Dolphins, however, are not actively shopping Fitzpatrick, according to sources.

A source close to Fitzpatrick tells the Herald he has been dissatisfied in Miami since the new coaching staff led by Brian Flores took over. That staff has not embraced Fitzpatrick to the same degree the previous coaching staff did.

"Minkah had some good plays, he had some bad plays,” the coach said. “At the end of the day, we wanted to get some other guys in there. He’s a good player for us. We have a lot of confidence in him. Like all of us – players, coaches – he’s got to improve and perform better.”

The news comes a few days after Fitzpatrick had one of the worst games of his football career. According to Ryan Smith of Pro Football Focus, #FitzMagic was targed six times, allowing 6 receptions, 117 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Edited by cannondale

26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Look at it this way. GB's current starting nickel guy is Tramon who is 36 years old and who definitely will not (and should not) play for the Packers after this year. Are you going to bypass a chance at Fitz for the next 4-8 years as your nickel/swiss army knife player (we know how much Pettine loves 3 safeties) simply because it might crowd things with 36-year old Tramon in town for this year? 

You're barking up the wrong tree....or the wrong tree with the wrong guy....cause I'm always in favor of packing the roster with talent - even the "less desirable" variety talent. I think the comment you responded to already answered your questions.

20 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am guessing Tramon would stay as a backup for the inevitable injury that will occur to the starters.

Sullivan to the practice squad.

Heck of a defensive backfield if we could pull this trade off.

He or Tramon could actually be a part of the trade. 

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Just a few snippets from a quick google search FWIW

After his mother, Melissa, used social media last month to question the way the Miami coaching staff was utilizing her son, Minkah acknowledged that he didn't agree with his usage, per Mortensen: "I'm not 215 pounds, 220 pounds. So playing in the box isn't best suited for me, but that's what Coach is asking me to do." The Dolphins were not pleased with Fitzpatrick’s candor.

ESPN first reported Thursday night that Fitzpatrick’s agent Joel Segal is seeking a new landing spot for Fitzpatrick. The Dolphins, however, are not actively shopping Fitzpatrick, according to sources.

A source close to Fitzpatrick tells the Herald he has been dissatisfied in Miami since the new coaching staff led by Brian Flores took over. That staff has not embraced Fitzpatrick to the same degree the previous coaching staff did.

"Minkah had some good plays, he had some bad plays,” the coach said. “At the end of the day, we wanted to get some other guys in there. He’s a good player for us. We have a lot of confidence in him. Like all of us – players, coaches – he’s got to improve and perform better.”

The news comes a few days after Fitzpatrick had one of the worst games of his football career. According to Ryan Smith of Pro Football Focus, #FitzMagic was targed six times, allowing 6 receptions, 117 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Sounds like a guy who has lost some focus and wants a change of scenery.  Miami is a dumpster fire.

• Like 1