Packerraymond

The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

If I had to bet, it would either be here or Kansas City 

I have a feeling that if Gute is actually in on this guy he is not going to want to come in second like he did with Mack.  

One has to wonder how Minkah would feel about going from a city like Miami to a town like Green Bay as well. I know this conversation gets beaten to death every time we talk about acquiring anyone but it’s at least something worth asking him before you pull the trigger on him. 

Just now, jleisher said:

Minkah, King, Savage and Amos sounds like one hell of a backfield.  Gute, get it done.

You forgot Alexander.  This would possible be the best secondary in the NFL.  Days of getting torched by good qb's could be over if we swing this deal.

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

One has to wonder how Minkah would feel about going from a city like Miami to a town like Green Bay as well. I know this conversation gets beaten to death every time we talk about acquiring anyone but it’s at least something worth asking him before you pull the trigger on him. 

Right about now, given the atmosphere in Miami, he'd be happy anywhere else ;)

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

It's obviously different for every player and I know nothing of Minkah's personality. But his actions to me indicate that he's someone who cares about the football situation. If the city mattered that much to him he'd just shut his mouth and deal with it. Because for a 22 year old pro athlete, there aren't many better living situations than Miami. But who knows. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You forgot Alexander.  This would possible be the best secondary in the NFL.  Days of getting torched by good qb's could be over if we swing this deal.

We need Tony Brown to make some calls for the Packers.

12 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

If I had to bet, it would either be here or Kansas City 

I’d think Kansas City would be looking more for a boundary guy since they already have Fuller, Mathieu, and Thornhill to play that slot corner/safety type role. They are also waiting on Morris Claiborne to come off a suspension. I wouldn’t be shocked if they added someone though.

43 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I'm usually on the hell no train for trading any draft capital, but w/ Mink only a year into a the rookie deal & it being like maybe a 20% chance we draft at a better talent at 24-32, I'm on board with it. Even tho they're for sure not gonna do it 

This is where it feels so obvious to do it but yet nobody did it. Cabbage kind of has my thought on that. It's almost like tradition to not make those deals

Really wish Kenny Stills was still with Miami just so we could do something like 

Jackson and a second for Fitzpatrick and Stills. 

Want no part of Davante Parker 

Miami is in the midst of a PR firestorm, they are going to have to get a "perceived" good return or face even greater blowback from the team and the fans
As suggested by others, I think the winning bid is a 1st rounder, but getting something back in return. Maybe 3rd 
Miami's picks are going to be # 1 in each round so those are high value options

This list is already outdated, but shows the future picks that have been traded as of August 29th.
Dolphins might offer one of their trade partners' picks rather than their own top-of-the-draft ones

https://nfltraderumors.co/traded-nfl-draft-picks/

I'll be pretty upset if Gute does this trade for a premium pick + Josh Jackson. Thankfully I don't see that happening.  

Any interest in OJ Howard? Arians doesn’t seem to want to use him as a receiver at all and I can see him becoming available if Tampa loses a few in a row. 

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Any interest in OJ Howard? Arians doesn’t seem to want to use him as a receiver at all and I can see him becoming available if Tampa loses a few in a row. 

I'm game. What do we give up for him though...

46 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

And you forgot Tony