The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

Just now, Norm said:

You talking about Magic Johnson? 

Magic was on a different level. For all the fines he accumulated, there were at least two dozen more he got away with. I remember we were sitting in the same section scouting Lonzo and he was giving on-air comments about him.

And I get it, the players in the NFL probably find out everything through their agents anyway, but having some rules in place at least creates a level of fairness for the smaller NFL markets. 

• Like 1

Just now, Macc_Aviv said:

Magic was on a different level. For all the fines he accumulated, there were at least two dozen more he got away with. I remember we were sitting in the same section scouting Lonzo and he was giving on-air comments about him.

And I get it, the players in the NFL probably find out everything through their agents anyway, but having some rules in place at least creates a level of fairness for the smaller NFL markets. 

Lol no ****....

Considering Miami gets hit with a ton of dead cap and the team acquiring Fitzpatrick would basically be getting him at 3 years, roughly $6 Million is why I have zero problems giving them our 2020 1st for him. Really, really like the kid and would even go beyond the 1st. 

2020 1st, DB Josh Jackson and OG Lane Taylor to Miami for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, a 2020 4th (from Tennessee) and I'd also try to see if we can salvage Raekwon McMillan considering where we're at regarding ILB. 

Really expect Gute to be all over this. We saw how defenses can carry teams to titles. If we can lock down an elite defensive unit at the expense of 1 draft pick, a young talented but unproven DB and a replaceable interior lineman, I'm pulling that trigger. I would even be willing to include a 2021 3rd for an additional 2020 4th or 5th.

With the pressure we're getting with Clark and Martinez up the middle and the Smiths on the outside, we'd feast with a secondary of Alexander, King, Amos, Savage and Fitzpatrick. I mean, good lord.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Considering Miami gets hit with a ton of dead cap and the team acquiring Fitzpatrick would basically be getting him at 3 years, roughly $6 Million is why I have zero problems giving them our 2020 1st for him. Really, really like the kid and would even go beyond the 1st. 

2020 1st, DB Josh Jackson and OG Lane Taylor to Miami for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, a 2020 4th (from Tennessee) and I'd also try to see if we can salvage Raekwon McMillan considering where we're at regarding ILB. 

Really expect Gute to be all over this. We saw how defenses can carry teams to titles. If we can lock down an elite defensive unit at the expense of 1 draft pick, a young talented but unproven DB and a replaceable interior lineman, I'm pulling that trigger. I would even be willing to include a 2021 3rd for an additional 2020 4th or 5th.

With the pressure we're getting with Clark and Martinez up the middle and the Smiths on the outside, we'd feast with a secondary of Alexander, King, Amos, Savage and Fitzpatrick. I mean, good lord.

I think this move would be dumb for that much.  The kid just got toasted last week.  Take away the predraft hype and pedigree, the concerns about him coming out are real (4.5 speed guy). He’s not the athlete to be a high end cover corner.

I’d take him for like a third + Jackson as a Williams upgrade/future rover slot corner. I’m not giving up a 1+ though.

47 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I think this move would be dumb for that much.  The kid just got toasted last week.  Take away the predraft hype and pedigree, the concerns about him coming out are real (4.5 speed guy). He’s not the athlete to be a high end cover corner.

I’d take him for like a third + Jackson as a Williams upgrade/future rover slot corner. I’m not giving up a 1+ though.

What? Did you watch him at all last year? And Jackson and a 3rd is laughable. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

If your ask is for Minkah to cover a player like Hollywood Brown 1-1 you don't know how to use him. Miami has no other options right now, that roster is miserable.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Exactly.

The thing is, when are the Packers going to stop spending 1st round picks on DBs...  Since 21014: Ha Ha, he who will not be named, King*, Alexander and Savage are your first round picks. Throw in some 2nd rounders and a big FA signing, and the Packers have spent a ginormous amount of assets on the secondary. Now we're talking about the 2020 1st rounder for Fitzpatrick... Wow.

Oh well, as you pointed out, with the salary cap dividend kicker, I like the 2020 1st for him. The Packers DB talent would be freakish.

If the Packers are going to do that, I'd like them to expand the the trade to include Parker... He's on a cheapish 2-yr contract and an excellent vertical fit for the offense, which the offense needs.

I don't normally do trade proposals, especially for the NFL, but I'll do one for Fitz and Parker. From the Packers I'd include Jackson and Kumerow in the trade proposal as replacement players. Jackson's value is very low after being passed by on the depth chart by two UFAs (Brown & Greene) and Kumerow has no trade value except he'd be a real good fit with the Dolphins. They'll need all the try hard happy to be in the NFL players they can get the next two seasons. I think he'd actually have some decent stats on some level with them.

I really don't have a feel for Jackson's value; I don't think it would be that much- a 4th or 5th round pick?!? So, with adding Jackson and Kumerow, I'm thinking this:

Packers 2020 1st, 6th, Jackson and Kumerow  for Fitz and Jackson.

* indicated the 1st pick of the 2nd round

Edited by Donzo

A 3-3 base (really almost a 5-1 look) is a good way to match up against some of the top offenses in the league imo. You have Clark, Lowry, and Adams up front, the Smith's on the edge, and Martinez in the middle. The DBs can shift for formation or matchup. Fitzpatrick can play s or slot cb, Amos probably the best to play in the box, and Savage has the range and explosion to be a great FS, but all of them can do multiple things. 

This is part of why I really don't care much about the hand wringing over ILB. It's fine, just play more DBs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Per PFF

Fitzpatrick’s grade as a slot cornerback in 2018 - where he played 379 snaps - ranked him among the elite defensive backs covering in the slot. He was ranked first in completion percentage allows, first in passer rating allowed, and ninth in coverage grade.

• Like 2