The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

11 hours ago, St Vince said:

The Packers should of learned from their mistake of giving up on Casey Heyward too soon. Hopefully they won't make that mistake again. People wanting Jackson shipped out this soon is foolish.

Except Casey Hayward played quite well during his time with us. Josh Jackson hasn't proven a thing. He hasn't been hurt, but hasn't played well enough to get any sort of meaningful playing time unlike Hayward at that point in his career.

12 hours ago, St Vince said:

The Packers should of learned from their mistake of giving up on Casey Heyward too soon. Hopefully they won't make that mistake again. People wanting Jackson shipped out this soon is foolish.

They didn't give up on Heyward. He played out his rookie contract for the Packers. They just didn't re-sign him when he was getting some bigger offers by other teams.

I get your point though. Jackson very well could be a Heyward/Hyde type player in the NFL, or maybe he'll be like Rollins... Who knows?!?

9 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Nagler is awful. 

However, he isn't wrong about what the Dolphins almost certainly want in terms of compensation--- 

Here's the final rub though, Fitzpatrick isn't as good as the majority of this board thinks he is.

Rodgers isn't either, so I guess that puts Fitzpatrick in good company.

Upping the ante.....
This puts some team with multiple 1's - or picks from some loser team - in the driver's seat IMO - neither of which is us.

Adam Schefter:  Chris Mortensen said on Sunday NFL Countdown, Dolphins are looking for “a firm 1” and then some in return for CB Minkah Fitzpatrick. Five teams have expressed interest.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Upping the ante.....
This puts some team with multiple 1's - or picks from some loser team - in the driver's seat IMO - neither of which is us.

Adam Schefter:  Chris Mortensen said on Sunday NFL Countdown, Dolphins are looking for “a firm 1” and then some in return for CB Minkah Fitzpatrick. Five teams have expressed interest.

Once you start getting into RD1 pick + extra for Fitzpatrick, then I'm fine with thinking that's too much.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Once you start getting into RD1 pick + extra for Fitzpatrick, then I'm fine with thinking that's too much.

I tend to agree. It's not like the positon is barren of talent/depth.

It's a moot point anyway as I just heard that NE offered a 5th straight up, MIA accepted and Fitzpatrick is now in process of moving his stuff from the MIA to NE locker room.

(Just kidding)

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

I tend to agree. It's not like the positon is barren of talent/depth.

It's a moot point anyway as I just heard that NE offered a 5th straight up, MIA accepted and Fitzpatrick is now in process of moving his stuff from the MIA to NE locker room.

(Just kidding)

Was about to throw my glass across the bar.

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Upping the ante.....

Then I'm out! What they want and what they can actually get might be two very different things. Teams know it's a fire sale going on there so why overpay. Someone might though. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Then I'm out! What they want and what they can actually get might be two very different things. Teams know it's a fire sale going on there so why overpay. Someone might though. 

Agree Golf that is too much.  He's real good a 2nd plus a player that's about it.   Not sure what the deal is with Jackson had high hopes he'd be a turn over machine.  Way down on the depth chart Tony Brown is a better player at this stage IMO.  He better pick up his game or he won't be a Packer.

I'd give pick #32 for him straight up.

In all seriousness, I think he was worth his draft slot and better than anyone on the board when GB picks. I like the elite 5 deep DB idea enough to think it's worth it. You start asking for more than the first, I tap out too, but I'd have done the deal already for the 1st.

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I'd give pick #32 for him straight up.

In all seriousness, I think he was worth his draft slot and better than anyone on the board when GB picks. I like the elite 5 deep DB idea enough to think it's worth it. You start asking for more than the first, I tap out too, but I'd have done the deal already for the 1st.

I started with Jackson and a 2nd and that is as high as i could go. I hate, absolutely hate giving up 1st round picks. 

• Like 1