The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Our WRs will come around. I'll be interested to see the offense function against a team that doesnt have a top notch rush.

No preseason - then begin the regular against two teams with top five pass rushes (?) - and we (AR) survive with two wins? 

I'll take it.

One of our DBs is gonna get hurt. An ankle. Hammy. Groin. Its going to happen. Having a plug and play talent like Minka around?

Do it Gute.

Man I hope you're right about our wr's.  So far, not much being shown there but Adams and where the heck are our te's?   Otherwise ... agree.

23 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Man I hope you're right about our wr's.  So far, not much being shown there but Adams and where the heck are our te's?   Otherwise ... agree.

Hey listen, I wanted the team to take a run at AB - so a talent infusion would be welcomed - but I think we've got some skills guys already. 

(Now I wont say it cause it's taken on a trolling dynamic but, I was really hopeful EQ would step up this year-DOH! I did it again :) )

The season's early and our offense is still sputtering - but our early execution yesterday against a top D gives reason to be confident. That said, the rest of the game - once we'd gotten past the scripted plays and presumably MN adjusted a few things - thats a reality check thats gotta be coached out of.

I've no clue about the TE's disappearance. Apparently Lewis played well yesterday in a support role but it would be nice if somebody became a receiving threat. 

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

For those locking in on need vs acquiring true talent...that's like chasing your tail.  With the salary cap, every team has weakspots.  Some want more OL help to protect Rodgers, why? So you can ***** about him holding the ball too long?  The best way to protect Rodgers (or best chance of winning) is to make this defense elite.  Look around, the winds of change are blowing.

-First, the middle pressure is being acknowledged as even more important than edge pressure because QBs not named Rodgers are getting rid of the ball in under 3 seconds.  It demonstrates how important Kenny Clark is to this defense.  We obtained good, not great, edge players and you can see the improvement already.

-Second, Kyle Murray.  He is the latest edition of the future of QBs. Lamar Jackson took a year, but he seems to have arrived also.  More college QBs are from the spread variety who will be playing more spread offenses in the near future.  They are the Michael Vick legacy (no dog jokes please). OL will be downgraded in importance because of the spread.  What will go up?  DBs.  We already run 5-6 DBs most of the time. The versatility and talent of Minkah Fitzpatrick would be a welcome addition to a pretty good defense, maybe enough to make it elite.  I have to say that watching Fitz come out of college and his rookie year- he looks like a young Charles Woodson.  #21 is open, give it to Fitz and rule the NFC.

59 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hey listen, I wanted the team to take a run at AB - so a talent infusion would be welcomed - but I think we've got some skills guys already. 

(Now I wont say it cause it's taken on a trolling dynamic but, I was really hopeful EQ would step up this year-DOH! I did it again :) )

The season's early and our offense is still sputtering - but our early execution yesterday against a top D gives reason to be confident. That said, the rest of the game - once we'd gotten past the scripted plays and presumably MN adjusted a few things - thats a reality check thats gotta be coached out of.

I've no clue about the TE's disappearance. Apparently Lewis played well yesterday in a support role but it would be nice if somebody became a receiving threat. 

Im in ON Fitz just waiting for the thread to open up welcoming him here. 

As leader keeps posting: DO IT GUTE

• Like 1

It's dated (9/13) but perhaps Gute's been busy and didnt get a chance to read it - so, when he catches up on things by reading here......

PackersWire: Why Packers should explore trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick

• Fitzpatrick’s versatility makes him a fit for any team.
  • Fitzpatrick would be a young, cheap upgrade over Tramon Williams and he’d add secondary depth.
  • Fitzpatrick could potentially be acquired at a great value.

"If the cost of acquiring Fitzpatrick is only a second-rounder and you can get him on a cheap deal for at least the next three years, then a trade for the Dolphins defensive back should be a no-brainer.

If the asking price is, in fact, a first-round pick, then it still makes some sense for the Packers to explore a trade. Assuming the Packers first-round pick in 2020 is in the middle-to-late portion of the round, how likely a scenario is it that a better player than Fitzpatrick would fall to them at that juncture in the draft?

The Packers don’t necessarily need secondary help right now, but a move like this could really elevate the defense as a whole. Of course, the Packers may not want to make another major investment in their secondary, so this whole discussion could be futile, but who knows?"

I do. Do it Gute.

I heard (or read) somewhere that MIA is on the hook for 64% of Fitzpatricks rookie deal. Can a better deal - with as much potential upside to our D - be found on the market?

Do

It

Gute

5 minutes ago, spilltray said:

DB is up there. It's all about where you choose to draw the line. I include DB in my "premiums".

And we have King and Alexander and Brown and Jackson and Hollman

If Bulaga leaves we have Bahktiari and Light. I'd say that's quite a discrepancy of talent considering OT is universally considered Top 3 in importance

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And we have King and Alexander and Brown and Jackson and Hollman

If Bulaga leaves we have Bahktiari and Light. I'd say that's quite a discrepancy of talent considering OT is universally considered Top 3 in importance

King and Alexander are the only ones on that list that are more than JAGs at this point.

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not too mention, what if every 1st round grade OT is off the board before we pick and the price to move up to secure one is ridiculous? What then? Trade back to the 2nd and take one of the guys I mentioned anyways? Yeah, give me the elite nickel corner over the "what if" right tackle

Has Minkah Fitzpatrck actually graded out as an elite nickel?  He played in nearly all the defensive snaps this week, but was at 63% last week.