The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Except the Packers have never operated under that mentality.  They'll either find his replacement or roll with Alex Light instead of overpaying for Bryan Bulaga.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Should have been a bit more clear.  Since Ted Thompson took over, how many Packers-drafted players signed 3 contract?  By my count, it was 4.  AJ Hawk, Aaron Rodgers, Mason Crosby, and Jordy Nelson.  Of those four, only Aaron Rodgers and Mason Crosby is saw the entirety of their contract.  Hawk was released twice.  Jordy Nelson got released partially through his 3rd contract.

I knew it was a short list, I know it's likely we walk away from Bugs after this year. I would prefer we didn't and who knows maybe he wants to stay and finish here. If he stays healthy on a short 3 year deal if the price is right i would entertain. If it is between him Clark and Martinez the other two get signed first. None of us know what Bugs wants and if he would do a team friendly deal we seem to be able to make those happen as most of our guys know they will see most of it if they perform.

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Oh here we go with the agenda. vote communism

If you want Fitzpatrick - I disagree because of the cost- but so be it. I can live with agreeing to disagree. vote communism

If you want Fitzpatrick but want to spin the cost of a first round pick as helping Rodgers more than an OT can, or that OT's can be gotten in the 5th round, I don't know who you're trying to fool. vote communism 

WTF?  You can't even talk football without you *** ho** political comments?  WTF does that sh** even mean?

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Should have been a bit more clear.  Since Ted Thompson took over, how many Packers-drafted players signed 3 contract?  By my count, it was 4.  AJ Hawk, Aaron Rodgers, Mason Crosby, and Jordy Nelson.  Of those four, only Aaron Rodgers and Mason Crosby is saw the entirety of their contract.  Hawk was released twice.  Jordy Nelson got released partially through his 3rd contract.

Nick Perry.  Rookie Deal.  One year prove it.  Longer term deal.  Ultimately released.

James Jones?  Thinking he got a rookie deal.  Second deal.  Went away.  Came back for a year.

I think that Lane Taylor could be in his third contract with GB.  UDFA contract.  Mid tier contract.  Starters contract now.

I think that Tramon Williams is on his third GB contract.

Guessing that Bakhtiari is working on his third....

Now.  That said?  Getting a third deal is tough.  Really tough.

4 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Hope we destroy Denver at home on Sunday.

Hope Elway quickly realizes the 0-3 Broncos are better off tanking for Tua.

Hope Elway looks to ship out another veteran Bronco WR on the final year of his contract like he did with D. Thomas last season.

I think Emmanuel Sanders is exactly the type of WR who could help this offense.

So much this....