The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol nobody is treating it like the punter, good Lord. Saying we can find a starting caliber RT in the 2nd isn't putting off addressing the position. Fitzpatrick is a proven commodity that is cheap, elite and young. I'm not playing a "what if" game regarding rookie tackles being available at our spot. I'm more than fine with the depth of this class at OT. We absolutely do not have to pidgeonhole ourselves into taking an OT in the 1st. 

Do you realistically think we're finding a plug 'n play RT in the 2nd round?  If so, I think you're significantly more optimistic than I am.  Our slot CB (Tramon Williams) played in 32% of the snaps this week.  Unless you're planning on playing him as a slot CB/LB, who do you take off the field?  We paid Adrian Amos a ton of money to be on the field, we used first round picks on Jaire Alexander and Darnell Savage.  And we used a high 2nd round pick on Kevin King.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do you realistically think we're finding a plug 'n play RT in the 2nd round?  If so, I think you're significantly more optimistic than I am.  Our slot CB (Tramon Williams) played in 32% of the snaps this week.  Unless you're planning on playing him as a slot CB/LB, who do you take off the field?  We paid Adrian Amos a ton of money to be on the field, we used first round picks on Jaire Alexander and Darnell Savage.  And we used a high 2nd round pick on Kevin King.

Not without a touch of luck. Heck, no guarantee you find one in the back half of round 1 that can play year 1. I'm not giving up a 1st for Fitzpatrick but would part with Josh Jackson and a 2nd or 3rd. May not get it done, than I have to take a pass on the deal personally. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not without a touch of luck. Heck, no guarantee you find one in the back half of round 1 that can play year 1. I'm not giving up a 1st for Fitzpatrick but would part with Josh Jackson and a 2nd or 3rd. May not get it done, than I have to take a pass on the deal personally. 

Hell, I'm looking at the last few OL we've taken.  Cole Madison, Kofi Amichia, and Jason Spriggs didn't answer any longterm answers.

How did Playoff Seed Watch find it’s way into Kick the Tires thread?

Oh well, I hope the outcome of the Browns game doesn’t affect our status.

Edit: Checked again and still first seed! 

The problem with getting Minkah for a deal that makes sense is that there will be other teams happy to make deals that don’t make sense.

See Mack, Khalil

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

And boom goes the dynamite

Great that he did not go to the Seahawks, Eagles, and especially Cowboys.

And that 1st is going to be a high one for the Dolphins because the Steelers were not very good before Big Ben went down.

Edited by TheOnlyThing