The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

2020 1st is a must, cause they'll get it an Minkah did. Then I'm sure they'll want swaps of late picks too.

Or a 2nd and Josh Jackson if he intrigues them. An addition like Ramsey would render him completely buried on the depth chart.

Okay. Works for me. I'm never against adding talent.....and top-tier / difference making talent? Win Playoff and SB games talent? 

Sign me up.

Do it Gute! (Your apprentice has laid the groundwork!) - make it happen!

You hearing this @Norm ? We're working another one! Just for you! :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I highly doubt Gute brings that brinks truck personality to Green Bay. That wouldn't fly here and fans would let the front office know it. Part of what made every fan love Favre was that he was just like the dude working at Home Depot. I think there is a line, and Ramsey crosses it. It's way different than Woodson

Fans want Super Bowls, I don't give a crap what kind of swagger the guys on the roster have to get us there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fans want Super Bowls, I don't give a crap what kind of swagger the guys on the roster have to get us there.

That's fine. Gute has spoken about and shown that he won't tolerate that crap. The FA's he has brought in are leaders of high character and put the team and their teammates first. That's not Ramsey

Edited by cannondale

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I would be more than ok with Josh Jackson + a pick or Ramsey. Not for Minkah. We know what Ramsey is and I'm cool with Jaire being in the slot and moving around. 

On the other side, I am more than comfortable with Jaire shadowing and King being #2, and can't help but feel we could use a trade for an offensive player more than defense right now. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Our secondary would be shut down:

KK/Ramsey on the boundaries
Alex in the slot
Amos and Savage in centerfield
And Crazy Tony in the Dime

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I highly doubt Gute brings that brinks truck personality to Green Bay. That wouldn't fly here and fans would let the front office know it. Part of what made every fan love Favre was that he was just like the dude working at Home Depot. I think there is a line, and Ramsey crosses it. It's way different than Woodson

It may be that this fact only exists in my head, but I hear that Gute's always working the phones. He doesn't want to be left out of conversations. Shoot us an idea we'll shoot one back. I like that, but it doesn't mean he'll overpay.

I agree Ramsey probably doesn't happen. Our first in 2020 isn't looking very appealing at the moment compared to the rest of the league.

He seems like a Seahawk to me anyway.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

That's fine. Gute has spoken about and shown that he won't tolerate that crap.

You're kidding yourself if you think Jaire is going to be any different when he grows into an elite player and has media coverage. Guy oozes the same cockiness and swagger. That's what you want in a corner. He'll get paid handsomely or be gone, that guy isn't taking discounts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

2020 1st is a must, cause they'll get it an Minkah did. Then I'm sure they'll want swaps of late picks too.

Or a 2nd and Josh Jackson if he intrigues them. An addition like Ramsey would render him completely buried on the depth chart.

Ya know its stupid (cause its not gonna happen......) but Ramsey's ***** is he's being relegated to zone coverage schemes.
At this stage, what (remains) Jackson's top skill?

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You're kidding yourself if you think Jaire is going to be any different when he grows into an elite player and has media coverage. Guy oozes the same cockiness and swagger. That's what you want in a corner. He'll get paid handsomely or be gone, that guy isn't taking discounts.

Say we do pull the trigger and go after Jalen and make him the highest paid CB in the league, do we have the money to retain Clark? How about Jaire and Savage long term? Just interested to see how the cap situation would look after such a massive deal.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This isn't about me - or you. I can't predict what Jaire will be like in 3 years. I'm just saying Gute isn't gonna sign a guy that brings a brinks truck to camp and makes an azz of himself and the organization

Edited by cannondale

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Say we do pull the trigger and go after Jalen and make him the highest paid CB in the league, do we have the money to retain Clark? How about Jaire and Savage long term? Just interested to see how the cap situation would look after such a massive deal.

Jalen would probably mean no Bulaga, Graham, Crosby, Martinez or Fackrell and nothing much on the outside FA market. I think we could fit Clark though.

It would make it really tight. I'd only trade for him if I got a confirmation he'd play on the 5th year option (which isn't happening) and I'd let him go. 2 years of Ramsey and a 3rd round comp is worth a 1st to me. He's young though so getting paid > a ring, I doubt he wants to go anywhere that's not giving him a deal this off-season.

• Like 1