The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I would firmly believe the cap doesnt exist at that point. Right now it's a thought rolling around my brain, that'd cement it.

Ramsey costs next to nothing this year. If you think you can win the SB with him you can rent him for a 1st and get a 3rd back as comp when he leaves. Not saying it's the greatest value but if you're holding the Lombardi in between there I'm sure no one would mind.

Granted the Vikings still have Cousins so this would be the law of diminishing returns for them. Chiefs, Seahawks or Eagles though? Look out. Kind of disappointed we're not in this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Ramsey costs next to nothing this year. If you think you can win the SB with him you can rent him for a 1st and get a 3rd back as comp when he leaves. Not saying it's the greatest value but if you're holding the Lombardi in between there I'm sure no one would mind.

Granted the Vikings still have Cousins so this would be the law of diminishing returns for them. Chiefs, Seahawks or Eagles though? Look out. Kind of disappointed we're not in this one.

It's not the bottom feeders looking to kick up their talent levels. Nope. Its the teams with a shot - looking for that shot in the arm that might put them over the top or give them the necessary edge over their comp.

There will be those that claim "Oh he's not worth it" - but each of those teams will survive signing this guy and roll in the cash of the success he brings them.

The good teams get better. More often than not, we sit on the sidelines. 

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree.  He would make our secondary virtually top 3 in the league.  Our pick in the first is going to be mid 20s at best and probably lower.  That isn't much for a player of his caliber.  Get a 3rd comp for him and it isn't all that bad considering we up our chances substantially to host the Lombardi.

40 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’d love to see the Chiefs or Ravens get Ramsey.  Just to beat Brady.  He can’t possibly continue to be good two years from now.

He doesn't have to be. Have you seen his defense perform recently? Sure, one of those games was Miami, but...

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

He doesn't have to be. Have you seen his defense perform recently? Sure, one of those games was Miami, but...

I’m not worried about how their defense performs against the Steelers or Miami.  Steelers haven’t won in Foxborough for 29 straight games.  That means nothing to me.

If anything it’s actually good that the Patriots have a cupcake early schedule.  Give Belichick time to see his weaknesses and he will fix them.  I would love to see them go untested until the playoffszplayoffs s

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You think he’ll go for only a single 1st?  Seems like some team will likely pony up much more than that if not two 1st rd picks.  

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

You think he’ll go for only a single 1st?  Seems like some team will likely pony up much more than that if not two 1st rd picks.  

Thats what the Jags want to make you believe. No non QB or pass rusher will garner 2 first rounders in this era of the NFL IMO. Probably a 1st and a player or a 2021 pick I'd bet.