The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

^Less a knock against WR and more a knock on can’t miss prospects.  Every cant miss prospect is a miss.  

Can't point to one instance and make it a theory. 

Over the past 10 years the one guy I would have taken in the top 10 is Julio Jones. There are others who clearly proved worthy of top 10 picks as well. 

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like this idea .. just not working for him in Tennessee.  I loved Davis when he entered the league and he did have some solid production last year with LaFleur.  

Count me in too.  Watched him last night.  The dude has some shake and some hands.  He could flourish in GB.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Thats what the Jags want to make you believe. No non QB or pass rusher will garner 2 first rounders in this era of the NFL IMO. Probably a 1st and a player or a 2021 pick I'd bet.

Tunsill, Stills and a fourth for two firsts and a second and some guy named Julien Davenport, right?

Not many out there as easy to fleece as O'Brien.  

Not saying I totally buy into this, but...PFF says coverage is more important than rushing the passer.  Quick passes negate elite pass rushers, not elite corners.

For whatever it is worth, many NFL teams subscribe to PFF and use their analytics.

If that is the case....I would think that Ramsey could fetch multiple #1 picks.  He is that good.  He is still very young.  But..we are seeing them negotiate via the media.  If you set the asking price at two #1's...well....my best guess would be that you know you will negotiate off of that number.

No real reason for my post, other than to say that I'm a huge NFL fan.

I remember when John McKay of the Buccaneers once told his players to "Get back, or I'll trade all of you to Green Bay!!"

Coaches and teams had power.  With social media?  It's changing.  Now you can tweet your way or "unfollow" your way out of your current team.  It is an interesting dynamic.

BTW...McKay also said "If a contest had 97 prizes, the 98'th would be a trip to Green Bay."  Classic.

He also said...'Kickers are like horse manure, they are all over the place."

Finally..."We didn't tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking."

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Coaches and teams had power.  With social media?  It's changing.  Now you can tweet your way or "unfollow" your way out of your current team.  It is an interesting dynamic.

This is a false narrative IMO. Contracts still have more clout than Instagram.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

This is a false narrative IMO. Contracts still have more clout than Instagram.

Disagree. (narrative, not that instagram has power over contracts) The landscape is changing.   Might even have changed. 

How is unfollowing your team a power play?  AB just used social media, and social medial consultants, to get himself out of Oakland.  Despite the contract.

It is a real thing.  Sure teams have the power of the contract, but there is just a larger platform for players now.  And it is an interesting and very odd dynamic to see.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Disagree. (narrative, not that instagram has power over contracts) The landscape is changing.   Might even have changed. 

How is unfollowing your team a power play?  AB just used social media, and social medial consultants, to get himself out of Oakland.  Despite the contract.

It is a real thing.  Sure teams have the power of the contract, but there is just a larger platform for players now.  And it is an interesting and very odd dynamic to see.

And this is a good thing ? Always sad to see how some of societies most basic principles are bypassed without a care in the world and the word "just" makes it ok. 

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Disagree. Based soley on the helmet/feet issues, OAK was under no compulsion to trade AB. I suspect they knew the other stuff was coming down the pike - suspected league intervention - and decided to cut bait before they got on the hook for the guaranteed money. 

If this had occurred AFTER AB was due his cash i.e. the guarantee had kicked in - their decision may very well have been different - regardless of what AB and/or his "social media consultants" said or advised on instagram, twitter etc. 

The contracts got the clout. In the court of law - twitter posts have no standing.    

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And this is a good thing ? Always sad to see how some of societies most basic principles are bypassed without a care in the world and the word "just" makes it ok. 

IDK man. I know the NFL is a privilege or whatever but I'd be kind of annoyed if my job "traded" me and specifically wouldn't trade me to the best company lol. Is that a basic societal principle now?