The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

PFF really didn't like Swearinger.  45ish was his score.  Really bad in pass defense.  Same mark as Amos against the run, though.

I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be a good upgrade to that hybrid S/LB position.

But...if we are kicking the tires, can we kick them on Jay Ajai at running back?
Mike Pennel on the DL?

Can we try to trade for Emmanuel Sanders now that Denver lost...again....and Chubb is down for the season?

I just feel like we are a move away from being special.

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

PFF really didn't like Swearinger.  45ish was his score.  Really bad in pass defense.  Same mark as Amos against the run, though.

I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be a good upgrade to that hybrid S/LB position.

But...if we are kicking the tires, can we kick them on Jay Ajai at running back?
Mike Pennel on the DL?

Can we try to trade for Emmanuel Sanders now that Denver lost...again....and Chubb is down for the season?

I just feel like we are a move away from being special.

I'm down for Sanders

The offense needs help, but given the need for help in defending the running game another name worth considering is Leonard Williams who likely will not be back with the Jets in 2020.

He has been decent against the run and it has been such a dumpster fire in NY that he might be worth kicking the tires on.

The Jets are 0-3 and have games upcoming against the Eagles, Cowboys, and Patriots, so they will likely be 0-6 before the trade deadline hits.

52 minutes ago, Pick6byWoodson said:

Any interest in former Ravens' 3rd round pick OLB Tim Williams who just got cut?

I mean it is never a bad idea to bring in a guy for a trial. I'd personally probably pass. He doesn't really have a position in the NFL. Not good enough in space to play off ball and too small to hold up on the edge. He kind of comps to Carl Bradford who failed here a few years back.

3 hours ago, Pick6byWoodson said:

Any interest in former Ravens' 3rd round pick OLB Tim Williams who just got cut?

I want him badly.

His elite trait is get off.  Acceleration and quickness.

Not a power player.  Not a big hunt and tackle guy, but he's twitchy off of the edge.  Something we do not have.

That being said, we don't have it because Pettine likes those bigger power guys.  And that is not Tim Williams.

But...I'd bring him in for a look see and see if he can do anything.  

I really liked him coming out of Alabama.  One trick pony, but that one trick was pretty special.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I want him badly.

His elite trait is get off.  Acceleration and quickness.

Not a power player.  Not a big hunt and tackle guy, but he's twitchy off of the edge.  Something we do not have.

That being said, we don't have it because Pettine likes those bigger power guys.  And that is not Tim Williams.

But...I'd bring him in for a look see and see if he can do anything.  

I really liked him coming out of Alabama.  One trick pony, but that one trick was pretty special.

Wish granted

• Like 2

I didn't think GB would be interested.  He's not like our other ends.  Maybe Fack's injury is worse than we think and they just need some depth.  Take that and Hendrickson's input, well, it probably led to that signing.

It will be telling to me to see if he is still on the roster when Fack is healthy.

I really want to say that he could flip inside and play ILB, but I've not seen any film of him in the NFL or college that would say he has any ILB traits.