Jump to content
Packerraymond

The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Recommended Posts

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

What's realistic compensation for AJ Green? With the current Roster, the one real hole I see keeping GB from deep playoff contention is WR. Someone like Green would be excellent, but with that injury/contract situation it could be difficult.

 

Or just bring Jordy and Janis back to play with Kumerow.

It's been parced that theres 1st rd offers. For us he'd be a rental so that's probably a dream scenario.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I thought he was pretty terrible against the Eagles.

Played much better last week.

If what we get from him, on a week to week basis, is last week?  I'll take it.  But if he rides that rollercoaster, then I'd like to see what else we can do at safety.  But I'm more likely to see if Campbell has anything left as opposed to a guy like Bucanon.

I don't disagree, I'd just like it if he were the 4th S not the 3rd.

Also on the Campbell over Bucannon train. Mostly because we've kept him this long Pett must like him. If ibraheim comes back strong that takes care of everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"ibraheim"

What do we really know about him and his alleged game if he is strong and healthy?   I don't know how we can count on anything from him, at least any time soon..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 15412 said:

"ibraheim"

What do we really know about him and his alleged game if he is strong and healthy?   I don't know how we can count on anything from him, at least any time soon..

Just going from memory here, but Pettine seemed to really like him.  In the very little he played, he was very physical and played fast.

Course, our safeties were pretty horrible last year, so maybe anyone would look fast and physical next to them.

What I know about Redmond is that he's up and down.  And I'd say average at best.  I would like to try to upgrade from him if possible.  Abraham seemed to have a nice skillset.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just going from memory here, but Pettine seemed to really like him.  In the very little he played, he was very physical and played fast.

Course, our safeties were pretty horrible last year, so maybe anyone would look fast and physical next to them.

What I know about Redmond is that he's up and down.  And I'd say average at best.  I would like to try to upgrade from him if possible.  Abraham seemed to have a nice skillset.  

I think this is the first that Redmond has actually really played in the NFL.  We might need to see a few more games from him before we pass judgement.  He was drafted as a cornerback in the 3rd round a few years back, but washed out in San Fran largely due to injuries.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 2:07 PM, vegas492 said:

Rolling with a 3rd year Tonyan and 2nd year Sternberger should be a great start.

Not against Gesicki or Hurst or anyone else...but I am against giving up real compensation for a guy when I think we've got two pretty good TE's being groomed right now.

Tonyan is hardly something to count on.  Sternberger is a big ? but clearly the staff likes him.  Having 3 options to fill 2 important roles seems like a prudent path.

I am more against forcing 2 options who have real uncertainty if we are gonna move off of Jimmy Graham.  Otherwise, just keep graham and be annoyed that he's expensive.  If you're releasing Graham I don't see how its reasonable to expect BOTH Tonyan and Sternberger to be highly productive.  And this offense needs 2 productive TEs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Tonyan is hardly something to count on.  Sternberger is a big ? but clearly the staff likes him.  Having 3 options to fill 2 important roles seems like a prudent path.

I am more against forcing 2 options who have real uncertainty if we are gonna move off of Jimmy Graham.  Otherwise, just keep graham and be annoyed that he's expensive.  If you're releasing Graham I don't see how its reasonable to expect BOTH Tonyan and Sternberger to be highly productive.  And this offense needs 2 productive TEs.

You clearly don't understand the power of Tonyan!

I think we all assume that Jimmy is gone next year.  And that very well could be.  There will be options that present themselves, if GB wants to move on don't feel as comfortable with Tonyan as I do.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Graham played pretty well against Dallas. Campbell played for Pettine when he was in Cleveland so he's being kept around because he knows Pettine's system. I'd also suspect his role is to eat up snaps to spell other players or play as a stop-gap when injuries occur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You clearly don't understand the power of Tonyan!

I think we all assume that Jimmy is gone next year.  And that very well could be.  There will be options that present themselves, if GB wants to move on don't feel as comfortable with Tonyan as I do.  :)

I actually do like Tonyan a lot.   Hopefully he can get healthy and make himself a favored player of Rodgers and MLF.

That said, the hype on here around him is really out of control for someone with 8 career NFL receptions. 

In the next 5 games, you'd love to see closer to 2 receptions a game from him, and in the final 5-6 games, closer to 4 receptions/game for him along with at least 2x 75-yard+ performances.

If Tonyan can do that, and I think he probably can given an opportunity, he's probably gonna enter 2020 locked in as the #2 TE with some chance at being the #1 or #1b guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You clearly don't understand the power of Tonyan!

I think we all assume that Jimmy is gone next year.  And that very well could be.  There will be options that present themselves, if GB wants to move on don't feel as comfortable with Tonyan as I do.  :)

Now here's something we both think alike in  ... Tonyan needs more snaps.   Imagine, there is hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly, the word “clearly” is clearly the most popular word in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Clearly, the word “clearly” is clearly the most popular word in this forum.

Clearly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Clearly, the word “clearly” is clearly the most popular word in this forum.

That's literally not true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what Marcedes Lewis has been doing this season.  

 

I also like what Will Redmond has been doing.  If you look back to the preseason, he was all over the place, and probably the best player on the second team defense.  He is also just 25 and has only played in 10 NFL games, and only played defensive snaps in 5 of those games, one of which was a 4 snap game against Atlanta last season.  The guy will make mistakes.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Packerraymond,

1. Bring back Jordy.
2. Fix it back to peckers just for this one week.  You can tell Finn to never make that mistake again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I actually do like Tonyan a lot.   Hopefully he can get healthy and make himself a favored player of Rodgers and MLF.

That said, the hype on here around him is really out of control for someone with 8 career NFL receptions. 

In the next 5 games, you'd love to see closer to 2 receptions a game from him, and in the final 5-6 games, closer to 4 receptions/game for him along with at least 2x 75-yard+ performances.

If Tonyan can do that, and I think he probably can given an opportunity, he's probably gonna enter 2020 locked in as the #2 TE with some chance at being the #1 or #1b guy.

The only thing keeping Tonyan from greatness is.....time.

I am kidding there.  I dig Tonyan and think he can be a good tight end.  But I do like to hype him, just because he's my breakout player.

Honestly, what you pointed out is kind of a natural progression.  Which I think is important to remember.  Tonyan was a QB, then a WR and now a TE.  It's gonna take some time with him.  So log as we see improvement, that is a good thing.

If I'm forced to think about next year...I could see Tonyan taking some of the Lewis responsibilities and Jace doing a little more of the split out stuff.  And you still gotta find another veteran TE to get into that group.

Anyway....cool to see another Tonyan fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×