The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup, if that's the WR market, I'm exploring other positions right now.

At least he went to NE. The teams I don't want to see get better (while we do nothing) are the Saints and 49ers. I have a feeling one of them is getting Sanders.

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I'd think Sanders would be a bit cheaper since he's older than Sanu and is a UFA after this season. Sanu being under contract for another year adds to his value. Certainly an overpay though

Agreed .. if Sanu goes for a very late #2 with one year left on his deal then Sanders will go for a 4th or 5th with no years left on his deal.  I'm in for a 4th on that guy for sure .. maybe a little more.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agreed .. if Sanu goes for a very late #2 with one year left on his deal then Sanders will go for a 4th or 5th with no years left on his deal.  I'm in for a 4th on that guy for sure .. maybe a little more.

A decent te, interior lineman, rb, middle linebacker should also be looked at if the price is right.  A deal for a 4-5th round choice for an upgrade in any of those positions would be welcome.  Gute has shown he's not afraid to kick every tire out there ... hoping he can work his magic to give the Pack another piece of the puzzle.

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

A decent te, interior lineman, rb, middle linebacker should also be looked at if the price is right.  A deal for a 4-5th round choice for an upgrade in any of those positions would be welcome.  Gute has shown he's not afraid to kick every tire out there ... hoping he can work his magic to give the Pack another piece of the puzzle.

I think he owes it to the team to do what he can to give them their best chance of winning.  The Packers are 6-1 and serious contenders, but could use an addition or two.  Hopefully Gute is aggressive.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I'd think Sanders would be a bit cheaper since he's older than Sanu and is a UFA after this season. Sanu being under contract for another year adds to his value. Certainly an overpay though

Yea an overpay for 31 other teams but not really NE because they play by different rules. They are going to do whatever it takes to win this year and probably don't care what a 2nd round pick is going to look like in 3-4 years. Also, knowing BB he'll acquire 2-3 new 2nd round picks between now and April so it won't matter anyways.

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea an overpay for 31 other teams but not really NE because they play by different rules. They are going to do whatever it takes to win this year and probably don't care what a 2nd round pick is going to look like in 3-4 years. Also, knowing BB he'll acquire 2-3 new 2nd round picks between now and April so it won't matter anyways.

Yup, agree.  He is the master of running an organization to the max.  Not a huge fan of his but have to admire how well run that team is.