The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Nagler unsurprisingly is missing the obvious point that Fitz is a 2nd year player who 17 months ago the Packers were willing to use a top 10 pick for if they had one. But because it's 17 months later,  we can't give up a precious day 2 pick in 2020....Lmao. 

Not to mention it's not like he was a rookie bust either. He can play football! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

"Stop with this" could be interpreted that way?

IDK, I think the context is pretty obvious.

Guys, the Dolphins want a premium pick.

*You aren't getting Minkah for anything less than a first round pick*

Stop with this.

*So stop acting like anything less than that, like Lane ******* Taylor and a 3rd (or whatever)  is going to get it done*

It's pretty damn clear to me anyways, he's saying stop with the pipe dreams of a crappy pick plus a player that fans don't like is going to get a top 15 pick from a year ago, who is an amazing awesome super good really talented, already proven sure thing stud perfect fit for every defense super star. Yet, somehow, he's not worth ****.

He's on ******* point if you ask me.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 6

I know it's very easy for us fans to be like "well Minkah is a better player than Jackson so we should just trade him for Minkah" I very highly doubt Jackson would be traded in his 2nd year by our organization. Even though Gute is more aggressive than Ted, he's not THAT aggressive. Plus it's one of his guys. I suspect he would only trade picks for him. As much as this trade would be nice, I dont know if Gute would do it. I also wonder if the asking price is more than the media is putting out there. If its 2 high draft picks or a good player with a high draft pick I wouldn't do it.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Nagler isn't perfect, but I like him. He is a fan so his perspective is usually pretty good. I don't know exactly how plugged in he is, but I know that he is much more than any of us.  I watch his videos and take from them what I want and leave the rest. No different than anyone else. Below is his in depth analysis on a possible trade

Edited by cannondale

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The Packers should of learned from their mistake of giving up on Casey Heyward too soon. Hopefully they won't make that mistake again. People wanting Jackson shipped out this soon is foolish.

Not necessarily. It's not like people are throwing him into random deals. His name is being mentioned in a deal to acquire an upgrade at his position that's younger than he is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Nagler's not a fan..........

Aaron Nagler: Guys, the Dolphins want a premium pick. Stop with this. Also, I hate how many of you are eager to ship Jackson out already.

Nagler has apparently had a change of heart.

On CHTV his one word answer to the question: "Should the Packers trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick? I break it down here"

"Yup"

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Nagler has apparently had a change of heart.

On CHTV his one word answer to the question: "Should the Packers trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick? I break it down here"

"Yup"

Okay, just so this is 1000% clear. He never ever said "DON'T TRADE FOR HIM" he said stop with the silly low ball garbage and realize it's going to take top compensation.

Proof:

No change of heart. He was just saying you aren't going to get him for peanuts. Not that he never wanted him. I know @packfanfb misunderstood it too.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I believe the Dolphins would take a 2nd for him.

Nagler was against the idea of some cockamamie player trade idea, but he does support a straight up draft pick trade for Mincah.  In all honesty, since we’ll have the 32nd pick in the draft, our second round pick is nearly worth the same as an early third.  Thinking the Phins want something a little higher, since it’s been reported they want a first or second.

Edited by Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Nagler was against the idea of some cockamamie player trade idea, but he does support a straight up draft pick trade for Mincah.  In all honesty, since we’ll have the 32nd pick in the draft, our second round pick is nearly worth the same as an early third.  Thinking the Phins want something a little higher, since it’s been reported they want a first or second.

yeah, i could see them trading for Seattles better 2nd round pick.