The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Hmm...did we not just see Tytus Howard and Kaleb McGary go in the first round this past draft?  Mike McGlinchey went 9th overall and there were real concerns about whether or not he could play LT.  In that same draft, we saw Isaiah Wynn who was viewed as RT/OG go in the first round.  OL are always at a premium.  Always.

Good thing this is a deep draft at OT. 🤔

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Our WRs will come around. I'll be interested to see the offense function against a team that doesnt have a top notch rush.

No preseason - then begin the regular against two teams with top five pass rushes (?) - and we (AR) survive with two wins? 

I'll take it.

One of our DBs is gonna get hurt. An ankle. Hammy. Groin. Its going to happen. Having a plug and play talent like Minka around?

Do it Gute.

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's trade for another receiver for Rodgers to not throw to.  Somebody he trusts. 

Trust - needs 5 yards of separation.
Doesn't trust - Needs 10 yards separation. 
Running back - 37 yards separation. 

Miss the contested throws to MVS (Kears), Adams ( Harrison), and Jones ( Kendricks) yesterday I take it?

Edited by Arthur Penske

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Miss the contested throws to MVS (Kears), Adams ( Harrison), and Jones ( Kendricks) yesterday I take it?

Only you would call that throw to Jones contested.  It was a bad throw.  Jones had Kendrick’s beat.  Badly.  Rodgers leads him there it’s a huge gain.  Jones had to come back for the ball.  Lol.  

MVS the ball was thrown high.  That’s why the defender was able to push him out of bounds with MVS having no chance to come down with it.

Don’t recall the Adams one though.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Only you would call that throw to Jones contested.  It was a bad throw.  Jones had Kendrick’s beat.  Badly.  Rodgers leads him there it’s a huge gain.  Jones had to come back for the ball.  Lol.  

MVS the ball was thrown high.  That’s why the defender was able to push him out of bounds with MVS having no chance to come down with it.

Don’t recall the Adams one though.

Your claim was that he dosen't throw to them unless they're wide open by many many yards.... none of them were wide open.

- That's not the MVS throw I was referring to. Rodgers threw him a contested ball in the middle of the field and Kearse made a good play to knock it loose. Same with the Adams/Harrsion play.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Your claim was that he dosen't throw to them unless they're wide open by many many yards.... none of them were wide open.

Jones was.  Lol.  He had Kendrick’s beat pretty badly and the further Rodgers threw that the more open Jones would have been.  

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Just like QB, you usually get what you pay for as far as OT is concerned. We are past the point of finding guys to develop. We need guys to play immediately assuming Bulaga leaves. 

What I find hilarious is the posts that say we need to help Rodgers by building a defense but not by providing quality OT's.

That's not exactly what I said. You're omitting some of the quote, but that's what you do for your agenda.

An elite defense will win more games than grabbing a rookie OT.  Is that okay to say?  There are no guarantees with OTs either. 

My point was that I would like to see Fitzpatrick in this defense. Another talented, versatile tool for Pettine.

49 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

That's not exactly what I said. You're omitting some of the quote, but that's what you do for your agenda.

An elite defense will win more games than grabbing a rookie OT.  Is that okay to say?  There are no guarantees with OTs either. 

My point was that I would like to see Fitzpatrick in this defense. Another talented, versatile tool for Pettine.

Oh here we go with the agenda. vote communism

If you want Fitzpatrick - I disagree because of the cost- but so be it. I can live with agreeing to disagree. vote communism

If you want Fitzpatrick but want to spin the cost of a first round pick as helping Rodgers more than an OT can, or that OT's can be gotten in the 5th round, I don't know who you're trying to fool. vote communism

Edited by cannondale

OMG... Do we have to hear about how Aaron Rodgers is the worst QB to ever play in the NFL in every single thread?  I get it.  He's an abomination that is keeping this offense being an elite record setting unit.  

Edited by SSG
  • Like 1

Hope we destroy Denver at home on Sunday.

Hope Elway quickly realizes the 0-3 Broncos are better off tanking for Tua.

Hope Elway looks to ship out another veteran Bronco WR on the final year of his contract like he did with D. Thomas last season.

I think Emmanuel Sanders is exactly the type of WR who could help this offense.

• Like 1