The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Tristen Wirfs is a junior, and Kirk Ferentz is pretty good about getting his underclassmen to return for their senior season.  Alaric Jackson is as well.

Fant, Hock, Amani Jones, and Josh Jackson have all left early in the last 2 years.  After watching Des King fall to the 5th round I think the incentive to stay and risk seeing your stock fall is quite minimal.

Wirfs is as good as gone, as is AJE.  Jackson sprained his knee in the first game and could be out 2 more.  His status really depends on how well he can come back from that injury.  If anyone stays, it will be him.

26 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I've read it no less than 3 times. The topics have merged so much that I'm not gonna go hunt it down. I have no reason to make it up

It certainly hasn't been said recently. Everyone advocating for Fitzpatrick have all said we can address OT on day 2. I've not read anyone say legitimately 5th round as a serious target area. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It certainly hasn't been said recently. Everyone advocating for Fitzpatrick have all said we can address OT on day 2. I've not read anyone say legitimately 5th round as a serious target area. 

If you need a starter from Day One, which is the scenario we are talking about, the longer you wait the greater chance you'll regret it. Boggles my mind that fans treat that position like the punter. Why not draft the nickel CB on Day 2 instead ?

Edited by cannondale

Oh well. It was a nice dream while it lasted....................

Jason La Canfora: Minkah Fitzpatrick trade likely to be wrapped up by tomorrow. The Dolphins expected to get 1st round value for him.

Hearing WSH, DAL, KC, PIT, PHI and SEA all in the mix. Offers are being made

(All those except WSH are the good teams getting better. Wish we were one of them)

Just now, Leader said:

Jason La Canfora: Minkah Fitzpatrick trade likely to be wrapped up by tomorrow. The Dolphins expected to get 1st round value for him.

(All those except WSH are the good teams getting better. Wish we were one of them)

PIT kinda sucks now, FWIW.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Obviously WSH and PIT would be most attractive for MIA.

Just now, Norm said:

Yeah good point. If they implode and that's top 5...

Who knows is this list is accurate - but thats four NFC teams.

The NFCs where the tougher road to hoe is.

I dont know if any of these teams have any other teams #1 in addition to their own - but DAL, SEA and PHI figure to be high draft slots.
Hopefully he'll go to WSH.