The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is who I had us trade Trevor Davis for in a roster prediction. Got buried on the depth chart with picks this year. Would love to claim and see if a new scheme is what he needs.

Is he any good at football though or just another high RAS guy? One minor complaint I have about Gute early in his career is that he cares way too much about the latter, sometimes sacrificing the former.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Is he any good at football though or just another high RAS guy? One minor complaint I have about Gute early in his career is that he cares way too much about the latter, sometimes sacrificing the former.

Because the former can be learned, and the latter can't. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He blew up being more of a fit and chase guy as a senior at Texas once Strong left. I don't think the instincts are anything to write home about, but he provides that dime backer skillset in a 235 pound frame that can get off blocks. Still needs to be kept clean, he'll get lost in the wash otherwise cause he doesn't see it quick enough. Still think he's a better option than the old dogs like Mason Foster and Byrnes who are sitting out there.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He blew up being more of a fit and chase guy as a senior at Texas once Strong left. I don't think the instincts are anything to write home about, but he provides that dime backer skillset in a 235 pound frame that can get off blocks. Still needs to be kept clean, he'll get lost in the wash otherwise cause he doesn't see it quick enough. Still think he's a better option than the old dogs like Mason Foster and Byrnes who are sitting out there.

A claim never hurts so I'm not opposed to it. We can only go up from where we're currently at. Still want to give Brandon Marshall a look as a vet option.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

To an extent. You're also going to get a lot of Josh Jones' along the way too. Give and take, not saying you ignore the RAS, but it's merely one factor. 

Was thinking about that the other day. Finding the right blend of football player and athlete within each player and within your roster is the new NFL. You can't win with a roster full of Jake Ryans' or Josh Jones'

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Was thinking about that the other day. Finding the right blend of football player and athlete within each player and within your roster is the new NFL. You can't win with a roster full of Jake Ryans' or Josh Jones'

Right.

And they are made in Iowa City.   

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

To an extent. You're also going to get a lot of Josh Jones' along the way too. Give and take, not saying you ignore the RAS, but it's merely one factor. 

Going the other way can produce ricky Elmore though. Agree with your point in general, but I'm ok with the high RAS gamble if it's a supplement pick, like Gary. We have our starters, swing for the fences. 

Edited by HighCalebR

38 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Can you win with Mike Mitchell? I really don't know why Jake was thrown into this?