The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

Here's a move I'd like to see: D'Anthony Thomas. I know we just jettisoned a return man in Davis, but Shepherd just doesn't look comfortable at either return position right now and he's the odd man out in the passing game with the signing of Grant. 

Thomas is a vet returner with electric speed. I'd look at adding him and sending Shep to the PS. 

• Like 2

Why are like three people on the Leonard Williams train when we’ve given up 10,000 rushing yards while everybody else is on the WR train when Rodgers just torched an alright defense that held the Chiefs with Mahomes under 35 points and Rodgers just had his best game in 4 years with ****inf Kumerow, MVS, Allison and Lazard?  

WR is not what we need.  We need LEONARD WILLIAMS.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VonKarman said:

Trading for Leonard Williams would leave us with less than 400K in cap space, and he's not having a very good year. I'd personally look for another DL.

Is anybody on the Jets having a good year? You don't think on a good defense, he would look much better than he does now?

You might be right, and I admit I haven't seen him much this year. Besides being the guy who punched Bulaga, he leaves as in a really tight situation (there's pretty much no one you can cut to make space, I guess that if needed we could convert AR's base salary into a signing bonus). However, I wouldn't be mad if we got him for a late round pick, I'm just not thrilled. Perhaps it's be better to go after Geno Atkins.

Probably the kiss of death here but I believe we stand pat. We have a TE coming off IR right away who could be an asset on the offensive side. Considering most thought this year would be a right off we are in good shape. Why throw picks away when we have things going well. Compete this year and see how the chips fall. If Gute has another strong draft next year and with guys making jumps wow watch out this year and the next 2-3 may be amazing with good depth and guys not yet coming out of rookie deals.