The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I've seen Miami LB'er Raekwon McMillan's named mentioned a few times in regards to potential targets for the Packers.  He's signed thru 2020.  2nd round pick in 2017 for the Dolphins.

I'm ok with either him or Godchaux.

3 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Jets looking for a third for Leonard Williams.

Pack's 3rd round picks this decade: Sternberger/Burks/M. Adams/Montgomery/Thornton/R. Rodgers/A. Green/Burnett.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/sources-jets-willing-to-listen-to-trade-offers-for-leonard-williams/311286814

A 3rd? Pull the damn trigger, Gute!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

A 3rd? Pull the damn trigger, Gute!

Right?  Even if it's just a rental until the end of the season.  We would probably get back a 4th comp anyway.  Imagine him and Clark on the inside?  Nasty.  Our 3rd may not do it though a couple of other teams are in the mix.  Also financials would have to work as well.  Of all the players we could trade for this guy would probably make the biggest impact IMO.  

• Like 2

Man, for a third, we gotta do that deal.  Deal with the salary cap later.  Can always re-do a deal or two to gain more cap space.

Leonard Williams next to Clark would be amazing and likely make any ILB look tons better behind them.

That's honestly a move that needs to be made.

Unfortunately, it's a move that most every team should make.  Eh, maybe not the 49ers as they are loaded inside.

Good news for GB is that if the Jets want him out of their conference, GB becomes higher on the list of trading partners.

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Man, for a third, we gotta do that deal.  Deal with the salary cap later.  Can always re-do a deal or two to gain more cap space.

Leonard Williams next to Clark would be amazing and likely make any ILB look tons better behind them.

Unfortunately, it's a move that most every team should make.  Eh, maybe not the 49ers as they are loaded inside.

Good news for GB is that if the Jets want him out of their conference, GB becomes higher on the list of trading partners.

Lets do this!!

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Lets do this!!

I hate how this and @Norm have now gotten my hopes up.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

No brainer of all no brainers IMO. WORST case scenario is he signs somewhere else in the off season and we get a 3rd comp in 2021 after getting him for the push this year. Best case is we extend him and he's dominant for 5 more years for us. 

A lot less wear and tear on Clark too as he wouldn't be in as many passing situation plays either. 

I'd do a third and Josh Jackson to be honest and maybe we get a 5th back. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Golfman said:

No brainer of all no brainers IMO. WORST case scenario is he signs somewhere else in the off season and we get a 3rd comp in 2020 after getting him for the push this year. Best case is we extend him and he's dominant for 5 more years for us. 

A lot less wear and tear on Clark too as he wouldn't be in as many passing situation plays either. 

I'd do a third and Josh Jackson to be honest and maybe we get a 5th back. 

I still have hope for Josh, but...if that is what it takes to get it done, I'd do it.  And not think twice.

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would like to pick up Josh Gordon when he's healthy.

So my buddy is blowing up my phone celebrating that apparently GB is sending a second round pick to Cincy for Green.

@Norm assures me that this isn't true and he's browsed the internet.  Probably down there in the bowels of the internet where few dare to go, yet he thrives!  (And thank you, Norm.)

I'd rather take Gordon for a rental than AJ Green and deal with that salary against the cap and the compensation given up to acquire him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would like to pick up Josh Gordon when he's healthy.

Problem is he's subject to waivers when released from IR. Packers are in the bottom 5 right now in terms of waiver priority being 6-1. So a majority of teams would have to pass on him for us to even get a chance. 

I know it's not a "need" move, but I still love the idea of adding Kenyan Drake on this team. With how we've started using the RBs in the passing game, adding Drake may seem like a luxury but I could picture LaFleur dreaming up some 3-RB sets with those guys in the passing game that probably would be next to impossible for teams to stop. Added bonus, unlike our current situation, Drake could probably return a KO past the 15 yard line. 

Other teams will probably be willing to pay more if they need an RB, but I hope at least we are having that discussion. 

Edited by packfanfb