The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

8 hours ago, Green19 said:

Everyone realizes they aren’t trading for anyone? Gute is aggressive, but he isn’t going to be that aggressive. I think he was expecting to be a playoff team but not top three in the league good.

I think he wants to hold onto his draft capital. Plus I don’t think, at least the names being reported, that there is anyone out there that can help the middle of the defense.

This post is probably the truth, and I hate everything about it if it is true.

Saw an interesting trade scenario.  Jackson for Pettis.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Solve are KR PR problem.  Possibly get a nice slot receiver.  Ship a 6th out to Miami and rescue Rosen.  We could send them Callahan along with the trade.  Honestly don't see the Packers making any moves today.  Sure Gutenheimer is working the phones but the deal has to be right or forget it.  He needs to right the wrong of shipping out Davis.  If we could land Pettis that would suffice.  Apparently he's fallen out of favor in SF.  ILB would be a nice get too as we are really weak there.  Not holding my breath or getting expectations up on a trade but considering the team is 7-1 and in contention this year he should try to plug a few holes.

Edited by Scoremore

38 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Saw an interesting trade scenario.  Jackson for Pettis.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Solve are KR PR problem.  Possibly get a nice slot receiver.  Ship a 6th out to Miami and rescue Rosen.  We could send them Callahan along with the trade.  Honestly don't see the Packers making any moves today.  Sure Gutenheimer is working the phones but the deal has to be right or forget it.  He needs to right the wrong of shipping out Davis.  If we could land Pettis that would suffice.  Apparently he's fallen out of favor in SF.  ILB would be a nice get too as we are really weak there.  Not holding my breath or getting expectations up on a trade but considering the team is 7-1 and in contention this year he should try to plug a few holes.

Love it .. Jackson has fallen out of favor in GB and probably needs a new start .. same holds true for Pettis in SF.  Both guys have some talent .. just need the right situation.

As far as ILB, the one name I've heard that could be had is Raekwon McMillan from the Dolphins.  He's got another year on his deal and could be a possible replacement for Martinez if he bolts in free agency.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Mediocre franchises stay mediocre because they make poor decisions.  Nobody is suggesting that the Bengals should pull the same stunt the Dolphins are, but moving on from guys who aren't going to be productive when they're relevant again is poor asset management.  IF they can get a Day 2 pick for AJ Green, they should do it.

I get what you are saying, but there are other things to consider (business reasons, culture, success of picks, comp picks).Using AJ Green in particular, Cinci probably wants to resign AJ Green after this year. His contract for them would pay for itself in marketing/filling some seats (nobody comes to watch a bunch of round 2/3 rookies and a completely tanking team) and they aren't in cap hell. Depending on the draft round 2 picks are like 40-50% solid starter hit rates (round 3 are like 25%). Assuming they move on from Dalton, having a Green to learn with with a rookie QB is worth more than a second round pick. Then he'd also bring in a 3rd round comp pick if he did walk. It legitimately doesn't make sense for them to trade him unless they can get like a round 1 pick of value.  

Trades like Denver's/NJ/Mia make sense (Sanders/Williams/Drake not being in the team's future plans).

Wolfe played quite well against a very good Colts OL the other day. It's him or Godchaux for me. Raekwon McMillin is nice, but we need more from our IDL.

I also wouldn't mind shipping a lower round draft pick for Rosen if the deal can be done. He's gotten a raw deal and he's worked with Aaron before. No reason we shouldn't make that trade...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

Wolfe played quite well against a very good Colts OL the other day. It's him or Godchaux for me. Raekwon McMillin is nice, but we need more from our IDL.

I also wouldn't mind shipping a lower round draft pick for Rosen if the deal can be done. He's gotten a raw deal and he's worked with Aaron before. No reason we shouldn't make that trade...

It's a lot of coin to pay a backup QB.  That would be my hangup on Rosen.

If we aren't going to improve the product on the field, I'd prefer to roll as much money as we can into next year.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

No ILB is going to save this defense.  IDL or bust.  Martinez is fine, especially with all the hybrid LB/S looks Pettine uses.  Unless he traded for Deion Jones, no ILB is really gonna be able to do it all.  

We just need IDL.  

While I would agree a defensive lineman is most coveted another ILB who can immediately help us some would be nice.  One that could replace Martinez in case if injury is where this value kicks in.  Of course, the price has to be right.